Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: SUUUUUPER SLOW - can I have a copy of Universe Sandbox 1?  (Read 3594 times)

holoverse

SUUUUUPER SLOW - can I have a copy of Universe Sandbox 1?
« on: November 18, 2014, 05:29:08 AM »
Hey...
Iwas playing around with the universe sandbox demo & was having sooo much fun.
Then the demo ran out.  :'(

So I decided to purchase it, to keep playing  ;D

However...whatever I purchased now only runs at 2 FPS. 
And I can't do anything anymore.  Super dissapointed, because all I wanna play with are orbits, and the new version has all this fancy shit that my computer can't even run.

I have a corei7 with nVidia card. (dont know specs, not much of a gamer)
Should be able to run it.

Is it possible I can just unlock the copy I was using before (US 1?)
I dont care for graphics, or atmosphere or any of that extra stuff that seems to be whats causing the problems. 
I just wanna be able to play with orbits like I was doing in the demo, before it stopped allowing me to create my own.

Let me know
Thanks

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
Re: SUUUUUPER SLOW - can I have a copy of Universe Sandbox 1?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 07:28:50 AM »
That's why I say a "minimum requirements" table is more than necessary

smjjames

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 09:32:18 AM »
From another thread:

We're working on some overhauls for the particle systems in the next Alpha, that should improve the situation a bit.

We've also got a major Physics overhaul that's been underway for a while now, and will hopefully be done soon. Due to the nature of the Physics engine's complexity, it's not something that we can integrate in steps like other features.

Either way, we're still working hard on it, and getting the game running smoothly is a priority for us.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 10:12:16 AM »
holoverse, I just sent you an email.

That's why I say a "minimum requirements" table is more than necessary
We have minimum requirements listed on our FAQ: http://universesandbox.com/faq/#us2

What should also be there, though, is the recommended requirements: 1GB Video Memory, 2.6 GHZ quad-core
and 4GB RAM. Making these more visible is also a good idea.

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 05:44:02 PM »
Before buying anything, you should know if you computer can run these types of programs. It doesn't matter if you're a "gamer" or not, knowing your PC's specifications should be common knowledge nowadays and whether or not a game or program will work properly on your machine.

That's what the minimum and recommended specifications are for on the back of boxes, or on websites. If you give us your PC specs, it will help determine what needs to be done to get your game working properly. To find your specs, click start, type "dxdiag" (without quotes), hit enter... a window should appear. Click on "display," this should list you graphics card.

Or you can click on "Save All Information," this will save it as a text file, which you can then attach to this post if you like.

Electrodynamix

• Australian Alpha Tester and Astronomer
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 07:32:48 PM »
May be too late to let you know, but I was having a near identical problem.  Make sure to install OpenCL.  Thats all you need to know  ;)