Welcome, Guest

Poll

What should the feel of this map game be?

1400's Europe (Lots of tiny states and feudalism and random stuff)
1600's Europe (Yay technology we're sailing across the sea to colonise foreign lands)
1800's Europe (Industrial revolution!)
1900's Europe (There's over there! Let's find a camel!)

Author Topic: Realm Map Game 2  (Read 8558 times)

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
Re: Realm Map Game
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2015, 07:49:10 PM »
i like how i forgot to mark my coastline as coastline so it randomly became a national border even though that makes 0 sense

Darvince

• gab
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2015, 11:42:44 PM »
i agree

matty406

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2015, 04:17:57 PM »
takeen

matty406

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2015, 04:41:01 PM »
added Magal

FiahOwl

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2015, 05:01:19 PM »
we have a case of fjorditis

it's terminal

in other news i uhh am drawing a new realm so the geography is more consistent are y'all interested y/n?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:49:13 PM by FiahOwl »

FiahOwl

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2015, 11:06:17 AM »
Ok the map is finished. I'm going to put a poll up to decide on the setting.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:43:09 PM by FiahOwl »

tuto99

• I need the Cream for My Epidermis Part
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2015, 03:08:56 PM »
da feels

Darvince

• gab
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2015, 08:16:30 AM »
what happened to the continent en la sur

FiahOwl

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2015, 08:36:52 AM »
it caught unrealisticitis and died

wow the poll is a three-way tie

Darvince

• gab
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2015, 09:30:55 AM »
unrealisticitis is a bad problem in worldbuilding projects

FiahOwl

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2015, 12:40:09 PM »
what do you mean you forgot the chicken nuggets

Looks like people are interested in an industrial era map game. Let's begin, I guess.

USE 060606 FOR INTERNATIONAL BORDERS

The Fraehainese Empire

Based out of the eternally raining Fraehain Island, these gloomy inhabitants spend most of their days drinking plame (made from the plam fruit produced in their overseas colonies), plotting to control international trade, and staring across the Belvin channel for signs of their eternal enemy, the [RIVAL_EMPIRE_ACROSS_THE_CHANNEL].

Their holdings on this continent consists of six provinces which are further divided into districts. The nation is governed by a constitutionally-limited emperor who, these days, mainly does figurehead business. The real power often lies in the Provincial Parliament and the Head of Parliament.
     Fraehain mainly is concerned with keeping a large naval presence. After they were kicked off the mainland a hundred or so years ago, they never really tried to climb back on. Instead, they stole everyone's islands, and when they ran out of islands to collect, they decided to go overseas to find more islands.
     Fraehain lacks dedicated allies on the mainland, instead choosing to float around in effort to keep the balance of power somewhere favourable to them. Usually this simplies down to "anywhere but [RIVAL_EMPIRE_ACROSS_THE_CHANNEL]".

The Fraehainese are pretty happy at the moment, seeing as how they haven't really been invaded by an outside power for a century or two. They also found lots of coal in Southwestern Fraehain, which has enabled Fraehain to keep up with other nations during the industrialization of this continent into an imperialistic machine to conquer the rest of the world.

Fraehain is trying very hard to become rich, and is a big believer in mercantilism. So far their endeavors have been paying off very well, and they have achieved many things all empires end up doing: Killing indigenous inhabitants of other places, stealing their land and bringing their natural resources back home.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:49:12 PM by FiahOwl »

FiahOwl

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2015, 04:09:47 PM »
bump is anyone even interested otherwise i'll confiscate this map for myself in a few days
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 04:26:29 PM by FiahOwl »

Darvince

• gab
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2015, 06:04:13 PM »
sí, estoy interesado

Naru523

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2015, 01:44:43 PM »
Rvasatic Commonwealth

Once a small region filled with embroiled leagues and cities, a man by the name of Rvsatica, from a tiny, peasant village held within the southern part of the country, came to lead and conquer the fighting factions. Despite an army of a few hundred in the beginning, volunteers filled in and it soon exploded into thousands. The endorsement of guilds and trade helped its popularity, and the seas became his domain as the last remnants of the independent leagues came to an end.

The man continues to reign the country to this day, and although ruling with absolute power, much of the country is ran by government corporations, as well as some public corporations. Trade is often regulated and encouraged by the government, and the public stands strong alongside them, with the wealthy exploding into god-like statuses. The poor have some gains compared to earlier fighting, and often works in the factories for the rich -- some rights have been granted to them, but do not have the same kind of benefits as the wealthy and the corporate.

Its military is significantly strong, although its land-based army is not as strong as the other nations on the continent. Its navy, however, is powerful, but is used on the defensive; most often to protect shipping and trade routes. The nation has some outposts within the [NAME OF ISLAND] Island towards the south, where many workers flock to, with rumors of riches beneath the land.

FiahOwl

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2015, 02:36:37 PM »
Backstory coming soon I promise. I won't have access to a computer for 2-3 weeks starting Friday so I wanted to get this out.

FiahOwl

Re: Realm Map Game 2
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2018, 09:39:29 AM »
The Technomancy of Lraj is the preeminent center for Gem Magic, as it controls the Old Crater which is a valuable source of extraterrestrial gems. It hosts several top magic schools such as Fihano's Academy and Stonerabbit University. The preferred drink there is goat milk tea with magic-infused tapioca-like chewy balls inside of it, locally known as 'goba'.

matty406

« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2018, 09:43:10 AM »
taken bih

Darvince

• gab
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2018, 09:47:18 AM »
dicks

matty406

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2018, 10:32:53 AM »
The United Duchies of Burvés is a confederation of four Duchies, comprising a grand total of 20 provinces. The region's last queen died with no eligible heirs and 5 years of on-and-off civil war left the realm weary from battle, and blighted with pockets of rebellion.

It was ultimately decided that the royal house was dead; the senior dukes of the realm compromised to rule their own lands co-operatively. The future of these sovereign titles is uncertain as inbreeding is rife, in the game of intrigue to collapse the titles into a new, singular, grand royal house plays out.

A spine of mountains ambles to the north, but also carries deep into the continent, sitting between Burvés and Lraj. The area of mountain chain out in the ocean has been abandoned since the fall of the crown, those lands were under the realm's charge since time immemorial (said to be a gift from the Old Fellows) and recolonisation has proved futile as the lands are too harsh for humans to tame on their own.

In the foothills an enormous lake of infused water lies. It trickles from mountain springs and the Duchies are lucky that they flow into their watersheds.

FiahOwl

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2018, 10:35:19 AM »
taken

FiahOwl

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2018, 10:54:58 AM »
The Fringe is a lawless wasteland almost completely cut off from the realm. Large fissures have snuck deep into the continent, likely ever since the asteroid first struck and formed the Old Crater. The Fringe was once a prosperous island kingdom, but all reasonable people have since left and now only the poor and those seeking escape from the law remain.

FiahOwl

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2018, 11:02:31 AM »
fuck consistency we want fantasy

matty406

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2018, 11:10:09 AM »
takens

matty406

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2018, 11:43:32 AM »
Sinister Tribes survive on a sheared and torn small continent, fracturing from its slow travel west to its end within the gullet of world's void. They are not of Human ancestry.

For hundreds and possibly thousands of years these tribal entities were suppressed by colonists from the west. However, when the continent suffered an earthquake kickstarting its move westward towards the edge, settlers left for the home realms as most of their colonial efforts and infrastructure had been destroyed.

The splitting of the lands there has however been said to have exposed great earthly riches, and who knows what else. Some travellers have attempted to gather these riches while the islands still exist, many have not returned.

This left the tribes to while away what time they have left there, although vague chatter tells of small bands settling on the wild lands of the home realms...

matty406

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2018, 09:00:49 AM »
taken2

matty406

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2018, 11:21:47 AM »
nevermind lel