Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pavala Collab [Revision 122] (8/26/17) "here come dat deleziahazele" - fiah  (Read 28787 times)

FiahOwl

• i am a bad situation
Pavala and Haki

Pavala and Haki, a collaborative worldbuilding project for those interested. It takes place in a universe that obeys physics much like our own. As of September 2016, weíve done development on both the star system that Pavala exists in, and also the geography and geology of the surface of Pavala.

The Star System

Unlike our own system, Pavalaís star system is composed of an orange dwarf called Yakei and a brown dwarf called Odius, separated by approximately 100 AU in a slightly eccentric binary orbit.

The Orange dwarf Yakei, a K1V class star, is approximately 5.1 billion years old. It has 9 or 11 planets, depending on whom you ask. The Yakei system is composed of three parts: The Inner System, the Transitory System and the Outer System.

The Inner System begins a mere two and a half million kilometers from Yakei, with the blisteringly hot planets of Tilekta and Enutu. These two planets are being boiled by Yakei, shedding large tails of gas that reach into the transitory system. Tilekta is the hottest planet in the system at a nice and toasty 1900K, and Enutu is the densest planet in the system, at a density more than twice that of Earth.

On the inner edge of the inner belt lies the gas giant Siwa. Tidally locked to Yakei, it swings around the star in about 37 days. Siwa has the distinction of being the largest tidally locked body, as well as the smallest of the gas giants, at a mere 11 times the mass of earth.

The inner belt, held together by Siwa on the inside and Pavala on the outside, is composed of hundreds of asteroids and a large planetary object called Sokata. Sokata is three fourths the mass of the Moon, and is also tidally locked to Yakei. While its day side roasts in the starís heat, its night side is home to large deposits of ice.

Pavala orbits on the outer edge of the inner belt in a binary dance with the planet Haki. Pavala and Haki are both habitable worlds, though humans originate on the planet Pavala. They are tidally locked to each other, and circle each other in around 24-26 (undecided) hours. Pavala has 92% the gravity of Earth, while Haki has 58% the gravity. The binary pair is circled by another moon, currently unnamed and around the size of Iapetus. There are some further captured asteroids in long period, eccentric and inclined orbits.

The transitory system is composed of three, large gas giants within a relatively cleanly swept region of space. The innermost gas giant, Evonir, is slightly more massive than Jupiter. It has water-ice clouds, orbiting at the very outer edge of the habitable zone. Vensada is the next gas giant, and it is slightly more massive than Saturn, and contains an equally diverse array of moons. The orange gas giant Moke is actually more of an ice giant, with its low mass of 21 times that of Earth. It has two small, geysering water-ice moons and a third larger, captured moon.

The outer system has two planets and an icy kuiper belt. Itís everything that our outer system would have been, had Neptune not crashed through and thoroughly destroyed it. The sheer number of dwarf planets contained in this region would be enough to make anyone wish that Moke had migrated out further and crashed through it. Rozava is the innermost planet of the outer system, a Titan-like planet in composition, yet an Earth-like planet in size. Esteria is a planetary object on the inner edge of the icy belt, and it is more like the size and climate of Titan.

Many undiscovered and uncreated wonders lie beyond the eleven planetary bodies and two debris belts that I have just outlined, and they can be yours to create.

The planet of Pavala has two continents, code-named Pangaea and Continent #2. Pangaea is massive, around the same size as Afro-Eurasia, occupying an incredibly diverse range of climates. Continent #2 is smaller, but just as diverse, stretching from equator to pole, with rolling hills, flat plains and tall mountains. Civilization for the most part developed on the fringes of the pangaea.

Pavala has a day length roughly the same as Earthís, but its year is only half as long, as Yakei is much dimmer and it must orbit much closer to it. From Pavala, one can see many of the other planets as incredibly bright points of light - some even during the day. One can see the moons of the gas giants Evonir and Vensada, and perhaps see  some of the brightest asteroids in the inner belt.

Status update:
So far, weíve done most of the planets and moons, but lack some critical parts. Weíve also begun work on elevation, having finished a coastline map. This is taking longer than expected, but I will finish eventually.

I plan to eventually set up a wiki and many other web pages and resources when I get my website up and running, which will happen sometime this year.

Stuff we can do:
Moons of Evonir
Finish Moons of Vensada
Moons of Rozava
Moons of Esteria
Other minor planets/asteroids?
Constellations / galaxy
Odius planetary system

Ancient religions
Protolanguages
Ancient cultures
Hypothetical foods
Hypothetical animals
Hypothetical social structures / economic systems / governing systems

Links:
Elevation Converter
Google Drive folder
Yakei-Odius system google doc
Yakei-Odius system space engine (Use with new version of spaceengine, at least 0.974 RC2 but Iím guessing 0.980 will work; if you canít get it to work then you may need this)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 03:22:10 PM by FiahOwl »

atomic7732

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • are you staying awake for the liftoff tonight?
    • PegasiProgramming
Re: Pangaea thing
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 07:32:41 PM »
what is this

explain

FiahOwl

• i am a bad situation
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 07:46:42 PM »
unnofficial universalis in pangaea form

(i.e. one continent)

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 08:57:36 AM »
Continent =/= little string of a mountain

Darvince

• King of the Universe; Patron of Mankind
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 09:04:32 AM »
everyone on universalis adds a piece you doofus

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 09:51:57 AM »
=P

FiahOwl

• i am a bad situation
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 01:33:10 PM »
did a bit of tweaking

FiahOwl

• i am a bad situation
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 03:03:54 PM »
apparently people are confused but it's simple: make it a pangaea

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 10:35:09 PM »

Hellpotatoe

• JooJ
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 04:43:05 PM »
Uh

tuto99

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 07:09:13 PM »
lets make a pangea

Darvince

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 07:17:19 PM »
lets make a pangaea

FiahOwl

• i am a bad situation
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 07:19:36 PM »
let's make a pangaea

Naru523

• let's walk the true path of life
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 07:29:56 PM »
Let's make a pangaea

atomic7732

• PegasiProgramming
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 08:27:49 PM »
let's make a pangaea

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 08:40:26 PM »
[]
^bongatar

FiahOwl

• i am a bad situation
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 11:18:33 PM »
mass: 0.54015 Me
radius: 4899.751km (0.76821 Re)
density: 6.55 g/cm^3 (hella)
Gravity: 0.91525g (8.97m/s^2)

day length? moons? star type?

FiahOwl

• i am a bad situation
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 11:20:29 PM »
one possible idea is a hella large moon, like 0.1 Me moon (mass of mars)

heck even a binary planet is possible if we wanna go there

FiahOwl

• i am a bad situation
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 11:21:12 PM »
maybe we can BE the moon around like a superearth or a gas dwarf or a hot neptune or a saturnian

Darvince

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 11:22:29 PM »
hot neptune or a mimas size would be fun

FiahOwl

• i am a bad situation
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 11:52:10 PM »
hot neptune we can probably orbit either really close in tidally locked and have really bright night sky in the planetside hemisphere or orbit really far out in a retrograde orbit around it with free rotation

tuto99

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 11:55:23 AM »
what's with you and your fetish with habitable planets orbiting big gas planets
can't we just do a normal planet..

atomic7732

• PegasiProgramming
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 01:54:21 PM »
what's with you and your fetish with habitable planets orbiting big gas planets
can't we just do a normal planet..
kol ikr

FiahOwl

• i am a bad situation
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 02:01:59 PM »
darvince proposed that maybe we should have a planet orbiting a small ice giant, so i made a post that detailed what he proposed, and gave comments and criticism towards it, i don't have a fetish towards planets orbiting gas giants

FiahOwl

• i am a bad situation
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 05:15:00 PM »
okay so any consensus on that? another thing we should talk about before going in depth is our basic geography - like what kind of geography should our pangea have? or should we go straight into it? going straight into it might be the best way to get the action going. . .

so therefore i introduce you guys to. . .

whatever this project is called. . .

Introducing World
As of now, World has a circumference of 30,786 kilometers, which is 75% that of Earth. World has 59% the land area of Earth. Each pixel on the 3078x1539 pixel map is approximately 10km (Real value 10.001km, 0.02% margin of error.)

The first image is an image of Earth at the same resolution as World (pixels are 10km across). Use this as your reference image to help guide you.[b/]

IN WORLD, you can see some layers. More info in the actual image. I gotta go soon, so I'm rushing this a bit. But basically just pay some attention to the Directions, and listen to the goals/rules below:

Goals:
- To make a single continent, interesting in geography, where we will put nations, etc and do our stuff.

Remember this is a very rough draft, and may be subject to absolutely astronomical changes as time goes on. Don't worry about creating something perfect, this is an idea generation phase in which we should be trying to figure out what works and what doesn't.

Oh and also please post taken, and be quickish if someone is waiting.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/slfbvv6h3ewi5te/4008x2004.png?dl=0 Earth Image

FiahOwl

• i am a bad situation
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 11:50:16 PM »
TAKEN

FiahOwl

• i am a bad situation
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 11:53:03 PM »
added a nile-like river mouth area, might be interesdong

Darvince

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2016, 12:14:07 AM »
dong energy

atomic7732

• PegasiProgramming
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2016, 01:48:08 AM »
between two digital stings

tuto99

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 03:22:42 PM »
taken