Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [Bug] Steam is Required to play this game.  (Read 11447 times)

Zeopoke

[Bug] Steam is Required to play this game.
« on: November 30, 2014, 10:15:21 AM »
Hi all, it's my first post and today i bought universe sandbox 2, because i didn't like the 1st one.
So, there's the problem, i installed Sandbox Universe at D:\Steam
So the path to US2 is : D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Universe Sandbox 2
But when i launch the game, a window in the left of the screen says : Steam is required to play this game.
I have launched US2 through steam so where's the problem?
If seomeone can help me, i'll appreciate it .
(My steam is up-to-date, and US2 is 12.1)

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: [Bug] Steam is Required to play this game.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 01:47:42 PM »
The first things to try are the common startup solutions:

Verification and Re-installation. Sometimes a problem can be caused by an improper installation, or corrupted files from an update. To make sure your files are up to date, and intact, you can try a clean install.

- On Steam - Go to Universe Sandbox ² in your Steam Library, Right click it, and select Properties, Local Files. In there you'll find two important options:
- (Try this first) Verify Integrity of Game Cache - Verifies and re-downloads any files that are incorrect.
- (Try this if the previous option doesn't work) Delete Local Game Content - This will completely remove the installation of the game. You'll need to re-download it from your steam library once the process finishes.

You should also try temporarily shutting down or disabling your anti-virus software, which may be interfering with Steam's connection.

If none of those options fix the issue, then please post your log file so we can see the specific error. Instructions for finding your log: http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,12458.0.html