Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Black people  (Read 22917 times)

Gordon Freeman

Re: Black people
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2014, 12:58:24 AM »
I understood that, what I didn't understand is what this had to do with anything.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2014, 01:14:02 AM »
You are obsessed with bronies and antibronies opposing each other in a pointless battle of internet wills and who can be a bigger asshole.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2014, 02:11:11 AM »
Yes but I didn't mention any such thing in this thread.

Speaking of which Rabid Broniism/Ant-Broniism is quite similar to discriminatory racism as there have been several cases of physical harassment/assault realting to My Little Pony.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2014, 02:23:23 AM »
Bla did seemingly bring it up out of nowhere... Unless I missed something?

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2014, 03:18:53 AM »

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2014, 06:51:59 AM »
I think such people are far worse and much more dangerous to society than e.g. any brony/anti-brony could ever dream of.

Uh... wat
Yes but I didn't mention any such thing in this thread.
I consider people's right to be black, gay, woman, or whatever, a lot more central than people's right not to risk stumbling upon images of ponies when you search for something on Google or argument videos over MLP. I have nothing against bronies, but I think racism is a bigger problem than some movie show, and I just didn't understand how you could make videos about arguments over the show and comments on anti-bronies, and then ask a black person why he cares about racist comments.

The fact that you didn't write it in this thread isn't really relevant, as I suppose your views don't depend on which thread you post in and it was just meant to illustrate that if you can care about anti-bronies it shouldn't be hard to understand the situation with worse things.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2014, 07:24:10 AM »
But you brought them into the thread in a way that looks like I stated that racism and anti-broniism are at the same level

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2014, 07:42:04 AM »
But you brought them into the thread in a way that looks like I stated that racism and anti-broniism are at the same level
I don't see how I did that. I just pointed out that you exactly seem to be very occupied with anti-bronies, but didn't see why others saw racism as a problem. Something that could be the result if you think racism is less of a problem than anti-bronies, and I intended to point out that I think the exact opposite is the case and that if you can be bothered with anti-bronies, it should be easy to see why racists bother people too.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2014, 07:51:05 AM »
I know it's the opposite, it's just that racism on the internet is meaningless while racism IRL is a problem.

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2014, 08:16:37 AM »
I know it's the opposite, it's just that racism on the internet is meaningless while racism IRL is a problem.
I just find that stance hypocritical if you at the same time comment on anti-bronies.

And I don't agree racism on the internet is meaningless, because people on the internet live in the real world and if their opinions spread on the internet or become acceptable, there'll be more racists irl to cause problems irl or they'll meet less opposition.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2014, 08:29:36 AM »
I just find that stance hypocritical if you at the same time comment on anti-bronies.

I knew you'd say that :-P

The difference is that racists IRL actively discriminate and devalue the lives of people, while anti-bronies have done as much as deface pony murals and whatnot.

And I don't agree racism on the internet is meaningless, because people on the internet live in the real world

Aren't most webracists 8-12 year old children who know jack shit about what they're talking about?

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2014, 08:42:12 AM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '143359'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:51:54 AM by FiahOwl »

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2014, 08:50:14 AM »
True. Hey, should I animate this discussion? It seems worthy of public notice

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 09:08:19 AM by Gordon Freeman »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2014, 09:53:30 AM »
The difference is that racists IRL actively discriminate and devalue the lives of people, while anti-bronies have done as much as deface pony murals and whatnot.
That doesn't make it any less hypocritical. As I was trying to say racism, issues about people having a problem with other people's biological features they walk around with everywhere and can't change, is a bigger problem than a cartoon show... It should be rather obvious for reasons I've already stated in my first reply, is it really necessary to dwell in it further?

And I don't agree racism on the internet is meaningless, because people on the internet live in the real world
Aren't most webracists 8-12 year old children who know jack shit about what they're talking about?
Sorry but asking me if most online racists are 8-12 years old isn't a valid argument that racism on the internet is meaningless. I'd suggest searching to see it's the case, I doubt it is, but at least I can agree with the second half of your sentence.

True. Hey, should I animate this discussion? It seems worthy of public notice
I don't think it's necessary

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2014, 10:48:44 AM »
>Bla's mental perfection turns me blue with envy
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:40:59 AM by Gordon Freeman »

Bla

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2014, 11:01:04 AM »
Eh thanks I guess kol :b

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2014, 11:01:08 AM »
You, too, can achieve "mental perfection", if you simply take this piece of advice! Think Before You PostTM

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2014, 11:43:56 AM »
Or better yet I can Adopt and Develop New Ideas and Opinions through Debates like These ©1987
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:38:22 PM by Gordon Freeman »

Cryo

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2014, 12:43:30 PM »
This thread is ever growing....

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site

Cryo

« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2014, 08:27:39 PM »
That was enlightening...yet sad

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2014, 10:47:35 PM »
White people don't fill their cups while POC's don't have cups to fill.

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2014, 10:58:27 PM »
Speaking of which Rabid Broniism/Ant-Broniism is quite similar to discriminatory racism as there have been several cases of physical harassment/assault realting to My Little Pony.
My post got deleted, I'm assuming for being too mean, but I just have to say that this is a really ignorant post. Comparing anti-brony-ism to racism is like comparing one guy getting shot to a genocide.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2014, 10:58:29 PM »
White people don't fill their cups while POC's don't have cups to fill.
no

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2014, 11:01:58 PM »
Comparing anti-brony-ism to racism is like comparing one guy getting shot to a genocide.

Explain

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2014, 11:04:09 PM »
You're kidding, right? You're comparing the fact that maybe 2 people have gotten seriously injured for liking My Little Pony to decades of enslavement, and being denied the right to vote and shit? Bronies are not an opressed minority, just like fat people are not opressed, just like special snowflake poly-trans-rabbit or whatever the fuck are not opressed.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2014, 11:07:03 PM »
I know that, but it's the same root concept. People are being devalued because of one little thing that doesn't matter.

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2014, 11:08:13 PM »
what. Please explain to me how people are getting devalued in droves just because they like a show. Please explain to me how people are being treated as lesser human beings because they like a goddamn show.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2014, 11:10:10 PM »
Bronies are usually seen as homosexual pedophiles, which, in society, are treated as lesser human beings.

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2014, 11:11:48 PM »
what

It is a very small minority that thinks that. Comparing anti-brony-ism to racism is legitimately insulting for anyone who has ever been seriously discriminated based on race or ethnicity.