Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Golden Freddy of US2? | Graphical Corruption Bug  (Read 2759 times)

Gordon Freeman

Golden Freddy of US2? | Graphical Corruption Bug
« on: November 14, 2014, 02:35:26 PM »
So I collided two Gas Giants and this happened, crashing US2:

C7

• Development Team
Re: Golden Freddy of US2? | Graphical Corruption Bug
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 03:33:31 PM »
Well, your crash trace is really weird. A breakpoint command was triggered by Chromium's rendering thread. (This should never happen outside a debugging context normally) That's going to cause some serious problems for anything else running on GPU at the time, and your operating system killed any other dependent or related processes. (In this case, it terminated Universe Sandbox² as well)

Long story short, the game crashed because chromium crashed and took us out with it.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 04:28:56 AM »
It turns out it actually DELETED US2 from my library.

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 12:14:59 PM »
If the game somehow got deleted (this wouldn't of happened due to the crash dump you posted). You can redownload a fresh copy of the game from Steam's servers.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 12:16:58 PM »
I mean, when I tried to open US2 it just downloaded a copy, so I would assume it deleted the game itself.

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 12:22:31 PM »
There's nothing in the game's code that deletes the files or directories. As well, a crash dump isn't going to delete files. At worst, if there was a file that was actively being written to it could become corrupted if the write stream was shut down improperly.

However, Steam will automatically update the game when you click play if there's an update available.