Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [BUG] Runtime error - crash  (Read 2464 times)

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
[BUG] Runtime error - crash
« on: November 01, 2014, 08:01:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure the problem is in my computer but anyway....

The game suddenly close and a MS windows message appeared about "runtime error" and C++ or something (I don't remember what it was about exactly). This is the second time the game crashes. The first time a different pop-up appeared

C7

• Development Team
Re: [BUG] Runtime error - crash
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 04:17:25 AM »
I checked your logs, and the computer is well under the minimum specifications to run Universe Sandbox.

You need a gpu that is shader model 3 compliant (yours is shader model 2.0), and you have no support for OpenCL on your system.

The errors are due to the gpu not being able to load textures that are not square. In order to save memory, we have textures that are wider then they are tall. This is used for things like the planet surfaces. It's not an issue and saves space on modern cards, but on a G33 it can't handle repacking the textures to fit its memory mapping.

You can expect to have memory related crashes, and performance problems if it runs at all. As well, a lot of the shaders will be showing black / pink, since they can't compile to your graphics card. (They use too many registers and texture samples)