Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Why haven't you fixed the save/load issue with textures?  (Read 3452 times)

Quizer9O8

Why haven't you fixed the save/load issue with textures?
« on: November 06, 2014, 07:05:24 AM »
You Updated US2 Why U NO patch this?

This happens every time I save the simulation and open it back again.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 06:22:58 PM by Dan Dixon »

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
Re: Why U NO Patch this!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 07:39:15 AM »
What happens?

smjjames

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 07:47:18 AM »
I think he's talking about the planet graphics wierding out, I've seen that though.

Also, quizer, you could just make a bug report on the bug report section rather than making a rather demanding post about it.

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 11:45:18 AM »
We haven't patched serialization yet, since we're still making a lot of changes to the base code.

We could spend a lot of time making sure it works perfectly, only to have to break it again and again whenever we have to fix bugs or refactor code in other areas. It's a better use of our time to get the code base stable, and then focus on making the serialization work correctly after that. (This is one of the reasons we're still in Alpha)

Quizer9O8

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 11:58:21 AM »
I think he's talking about the planet graphics wierding out, I've seen that though.

Also, quizer, you could just make a bug report on the bug report section rather than making a rather demanding post about it.

Oh i didnt meant it demanding but if you didn't know the WHY U NO guy then you'll see this like it is demanding, it was just for fun what i wrote. The real problem is the random planet map itself, when you save your simulation and open it back again it gets strechted out that badly.

C7

• Development Team
Re: Why haven't you fixed the save/load issue with textures?
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 02:39:21 AM »
It's a legitimate question, so I gave you an honest answer. Even if you did phrase it in a joking manner :)

The specific problem with the texture map distortion is due to the rough state of a terrestrial body to a gas giant. (The texture uv mapping is getting distorted and doesn't reset) A lot of the planet transitions are still a work in progress, and Georg has been doing a great job of chugging away on that front. He just added unification of the special fx for heating and crater melt, which you can see in Alpha 12.1. I've been working on some additional back end tech to support better handling of the planet atmospheric fx, so hopefully that will be completed soon.