Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [BUG]Explode the sun twice and you'll get a spam of one error  (Read 2560 times)

smjjames

[BUG]Explode the sun twice and you'll get a spam of one error
« on: October 31, 2014, 05:12:22 PM »
I came on this one by accident actually since I had accidentially exploded the sun twice when I meant to select the second time.

Steps:
1. start new sim and place the sun, pause the sim

2. set the explosion speed to 100 (though it also happened with the initial which was either speed of 1.00 or 10.00).

3. set power to explode and click the sun twice.

4. Timestep probably makes no difference, I had it on about a minute/s and 10 sec/s and it did that there. Unpause. I noticed that it'll still do the error even when paused.

It's not as bad as the other error spam I reported, but error spam is still error spam.

Also, even at max explosion power, it's still not enough to shatter the sun, it just coalesces back together.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 05:21:21 PM by smjjames »

C7

• Development Team
Re: [BUG]Explode the sun twice and you'll get a spam of one error
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 04:30:47 AM »
The explosion effect is temporary and just there for testing. So we can identify issues like this. Right now, for performance reasons we're not simulating the gravity field of those particles fully. We're looking at being able to pick the ones that are most important to the simulation and simulate those fully, so you get a lot better behavior of the particle clouds from a body fragmenting.

We'll keep iterating on this and improving the behavior of the explosion tools. The look rotation error you're getting is harmless though, and comes from Unity engine. (So we can't actually turn it off) I'll see if I can figure out what code is generating it and handle the case before it gets to the engine.

smjjames

Re: [BUG]Explode the sun twice and you'll get a spam of one error
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 06:08:01 AM »
Okay, didn't know that the error itself was harmless but decided to report on that since it was a mild case of error spam.