Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: random planet surfaces compatible with climate system  (Read 1978 times)

Cryo

random planet surfaces compatible with climate system
« on: October 30, 2014, 02:02:21 PM »
i was messing around and i found this while heating up earth, i thought that this wasn't implemented yet, i read somewhere that it was  hard to give the random planet's climate system's or is my brain just messing with me? i have absolutely no skill in coding and there's probably day's worth of code to write but can't you just copy and paste the necessary thing's for this to work for other world's?  :-\
I most likely have know clue as to what i'm talking about

nosirrbro

• UUNNIIVVEERRSSEE SSAANNDDBBOOXX
Re: random planet surfaces compatible with climate system
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:33:16 PM »
I really dont know that much about it, but from what I can guess one of the main reasons the climate sims work is because the game knowes where oceans and landmasses are, and knows where the poles are ect. But even on earth this breaks down when you, say, i dont know, flip the earth so much that through the entire year the north pole is facing the south, and the equator will still have no snow, the poles will still be frozen, ect. So really it seems to need more work before they can even think about adding it to other planets

BUT I could also be wrong, so only take my word as speculation.