Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [BUG] Steam required to run, but I am already running steam.  (Read 3399 times)

JmoolZZ

[BUG] Steam required to run, but I am already running steam.
« on: October 26, 2014, 01:25:18 PM »
Hey so just got the game today, would love to try playing it, but every time I try to run it it tells me that steam is required to run it. The worst thing is, I'm already running it through steam. It says to click 'OK' and when I do it boots me back to the steam library. If it helps I am running on a Mac. I also provided a picture of what it looks like on my end. *Edit: And the log from running it.

Has anyone encountered this problem and knows how to fix it? It would be awesome if theres a fix. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:30:27 PM by JmoolZZ »

C7

• Development Team
Re: [BUG] Steam required to run, but I am already running steam.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 08:25:33 AM »
I checked your error logs and it appears the Steam Api is unable to start up correctly on your machine. What version of Mac OS are you running?

Additionally, can you make sure both your operating system and Steam are fully up to date?

JmoolZZ

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 11:29:41 AM »
I am running Mac version 10.7.5. Also my computer is fully up to date, and steam is also up to date.

deebee

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 02:40:05 PM »
I too am having this problem. US2 starts up, gets to the solar system view but has a message box saying I need to be running Steam and closes after I click ok.
On a Mac running Yosemite.

UPDATE: Scratch that, my Steam just updated itself and now it works, odd.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:45:42 PM by deebee »

JmoolZZ

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 06:35:57 AM »
So stangely enough after seeing DeeBee's post, I went to check Ubox2 and it is working now, the box doesn't appear anymore, and all the functions seemingly work. Im not sure if it was something on your end that was fixed, steams end, or apples. But all is well now. :)

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 10:26:53 AM »
I think it was an odd Steam issue. Either way. I'm glad to hear it's working now.