Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Can't do anything?!  (Read 3845 times)

BrandCollision

• I am a major fanboy of space games :)
Can't do anything?!
« on: October 24, 2014, 11:47:02 AM »
I was playing US2 with only my custum bodies in, and then when i tried to place something nothing showed up, when i closed out the add menu, it just flashes out, abut then goes right back in, i couldnt place anything, i couldnt edit the menu i was on, as it would just flash a change then go directly back, i have no idea how this bug happened, so i cant really tell you how to replicate it, just put a bunch of custum bodies in, i guess. I honestly really hate this weird bug, despite it only happening to me once, tho i do think its a memory issue,
                                                                   good luck fixing it
                                                                               ;)

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
Re: Can't do anything?!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 12:11:42 PM »
Restart US2.

BrandCollision

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 12:34:01 PM »
Restart US2.
Ik, but how do i prevent this from happening, as i want a system with nothing but custum bodies without it causing e to be unable to do anything

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 12:45:17 PM »
It's a bug that happens randomly. Try again, it probably won't happen for another few weeks.

BrandCollision

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 12:50:25 PM »
It's a bug that happens randomly. Try again, it probably won't happen for another few weeks.
It happens alot when i am useing custum bodies, after about 7 it does it no matter what

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 08:12:53 AM »
It's likely an issue with loading those bodies, but we'll need your error logs to see what's actually happening.

If you could, please attach an error log from the game, after you've recreated your bug. Additionally, it would be very helpful if you could provide step by step instructions on how to recreate the problem. If it requires the save file for one of your custom planets to recreate, attach that as well.

http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,12458.0.html

Thanks!

BrandCollision

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 11:14:46 AM »
It's likely an issue with loading those bodies, but we'll need your error logs to see what's actually happening.

If you could, please attach an error log from the game, after you've recreated your bug. Additionally, it would be very helpful if you could provide step by step instructions on how to recreate the problem. If it requires the save file for one of your custom planets to recreate, attach that as well.

http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,12458.0.html

Thanks!
It does not crash, it just doesnt let me do anything on the game, forsing me to restart US2 with alt+f4, task manager,  or close it out from the task bar, also, it doesnt seem to be craashing anymore, and im useing the same version, so it must happen at random when you have only custum bodies in the system, tho this might be a graphical issue, and im not looking at the custum bodies, allowiong it to not have to render them all, and i was useing one of my custum stars (i call it "Brown Dwarf", as it was made by incresing the mass of a body just enophe for it to turn into a star and then changing composition to hydrojin)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 11:21:22 AM by BrandCollision »

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 11:56:31 AM »
It's hard to say for sure without seeing the error logs - it sounds like a very specific case.

If it locks up again, grab your error log and post it here. See the instructions linked above in Chad's post. Thanks!