Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Help with image avatars on the forum  (Read 4461 times)

BrandCollision

• I am a major fanboy of space games :)
Help with image avatars on the forum
« on: October 18, 2014, 11:54:48 AM »
Help, i need some help here, 1:exactly where to put help that isn't in the help tab and 2:How do i upload a US2 screenshot to be my forum avatar?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 01:30:35 AM by Dan Dixon »

spa_sapping

Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 01:27:48 PM »
In universe sandbox, top right corner, there is a camera icon, click on it, then select an option to take a picture, then click on open folder, then drag and drop the picture to your dekstop, go to the forums, click on profile, move your cursor to modify profile > select forum profile, then click on upload avatar, and select the picture in your desktop.

Uh, i did not understand what you mean by help.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 08:33:34 PM by Dan Dixon »

BrandCollision

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 03:55:27 PM »
K thx  :D  :)  ;)  8)  ::) But it is very small compared to what i want it to be, any way to enlarge it?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:05:02 PM by BrandCollision »

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 09:51:40 AM »
K thx  :D  :)  ;)  8)  ::) But it is very small compared to what i want it to be, any way to enlarge it?

Go to an online image resizer.

BrandCollision

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 11:35:47 AM »

Go to an online image resizer.

Uhh, honestly i dont know of one, and i do want it to only show the planets colliding with a black background, but thanks anyway, this will do what i got  :P  :o  ???

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 03:09:30 PM »
You could re-size it in MS Paint. Just make it more of a box shape then a rectangle like it is now. Of course, your proportions on the image will look distorted since it wasn't originally taken that way. The forums here don't ask for a specific image size. For example, 512x512.

For reference, the avatar image I have is 1920x1080, and it shrunk it down while still keeping the aspect ratio. I think if you want to get the image to look a certain way, you are going to have to do most of that in Universe Sandbox by taking a screen shot at the right angle.

BrandCollision

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 12:28:04 PM »
You could re-size it in MS Paint. Just make it more of a box shape then a rectangle like it is now. Of course, your proportions on the image will look distorted since it wasn't originally taken that way. The forums here don't ask for a specific image size. For example, 512x512.

For reference, the avatar image I have is 1920x1080, and it shrunk it down while still keeping the aspect ratio. I think if you want to get the image to look a certain way, you are going to have to do most of that in Universe Sandbox by taking a screen shot at the right angle.
Ok, well,thx, altho idk where to get ms paint, and if it comes with ur pc, i dont know where its saved at

nosirrbro

• UUNNIIVVEERRSSEE SSAANNDDBBOOXX
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 03:09:57 PM »
Just search paint

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 05:23:45 PM »

Ok, well,thx, altho idk where to get ms paint, and if it comes with ur pc, i dont know where its saved at

MS Paint is short for "Microsoft Paint." Its the default tool for Windows for image re-sizing, painting, and in some cases, image compositing (albeit really minimal).