Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Universe SandBox 2 in Library Sharing?  (Read 4315 times)

BaseBallDudester

• <('_'<) ^( '-' )^ (>‘o’)>
Universe SandBox 2 in Library Sharing?
« on: October 21, 2014, 02:21:11 PM »
My brother and I just bought this from this site for Steam since he has a Mac. We thought if we put it on my account and give him access to my account then he will be able to play this on his Mac. Is it not possible to play this in a shared library?

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
Re: Universe SandBox 2 in Library Sharing?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 09:39:53 PM »
Why don't you try it out?

BaseBallDudester

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 10:21:31 PM »
What are you talking about? Did you not read my first post? We did try and my brother can't access the game from my shared account that is on his computer. Universe Sandbox 1 is there but not 2.

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 01:47:03 AM »
Hey, you can't connect two posts and expect everyone to know what you're talking about. Anyway, thank you for clarifying. I'm not sure what's going on here, I'll try to see if I can help you.

EDIT: Turns out you can't access it:

Quote from: Steam
No, due to technical limitations, some Steam games may be unavailable for sharing. For example, titles that require an additional third-party key, account, or subscription in order to play cannot be shared between accounts.

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 07:59:00 AM »
If he's not seeing the game, it's likely because the game isn't "fully" released on Steam yet. That's why you can't find the game in the main Steam store either.

You should however, be able to log into your Steam account on his mac, and download Universe Sandbox ² to his computer's hard drive using your account. After that, even when you log out of your account, it should be visible in his library. He can then request access to it through the family sharing system.

It should just work once the game is fully released, but give that a try and let me know if it works out for you.

In regards to Xriqxa's comment, that's referring to games that use third party DRM only. Universe Sandbox ² does not use third party DRM, it only uses the basic Steam Authentication.

BaseBallDudester

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:23 AM »
If he's not seeing the game, it's likely because the game isn't "fully" released on Steam yet. That's why you can't find the game in the main Steam store either.

You should however, be able to log into your Steam account on his mac, and download Universe Sandbox ² to his computer's hard drive using your account. After that, even when you log out of your account, it should be visible in his library. He can then request access to it through the family sharing system.

It should just work once the game is fully released, but give that a try and let me know if it works out for you.

In regards to Xriqxa's comment, that's referring to games that use third party DRM only. Universe Sandbox ² does not use third party DRM, it only uses the basic Steam Authentication.

We tried the above suggestion and it didn't work well for us. I did install it but then when he searches for the game on the shared library its there but then it says he has to "buy it". We have even tried logging off and going off line and going to the folder where it was installed and tried opening it up there and it didn't work ether. The only solution we have is for his to log into my massive Steam account for him to play this one game on his computer. When do you guys think it will be on the store? And when do you think the sharing will work?