Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: SETI Opinions!  (Read 3248 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
SETI Opinions!
« on: April 27, 2010, 07:26:19 PM »
What is your oppinion on SETI? Do you think they should continue it? Or should they not even try?

I think we should stop it, because what would be the use of discovering life? I mean seriously! We need to search for habitable planets to GO TO when we need to leave Earth!
Why waste milions of dollar, when we could be studying our solar system, not looking for something that may not even be there.

What is your view?

deoxy99

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
  • ✨ the name's verb ✨
Re: SETI Opinions!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 07:31:33 PM »
I think we need to continue it, because we need to study something or we would get bored.

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 10:27:45 PM »
I think your arguments against it are good. But think about how interesting it would be to find other life forms, and how much we maybe could learn from it.
I'm 100% certain that we're not the only life in the universe, but I think the distances between intelligent civilizations capable of communicating with each other might be very big. I think we should continue the project though.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 07:31:49 AM »
When I took my Planetary Society Survey, It asked my the things that they should do, and I marked for SETI and like-programs "Don't Even Try".

It was an option!  ;D