Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Discrepancy between FPS counter and true performance  (Read 2983 times)

lk1990

[RESOLVED] Discrepancy between FPS counter and true performance
« on: September 24, 2014, 11:32:37 AM »
Hi,

i just bought US² and i am a bit surpised at the bad performance of the simulation on my PC. Even if the FPS counter in the lower left area on the screen shows something like 60 FPS, i am at the same time seeing as few as 1 to 2 images per second on my screen. Interestingly lowering the graphics to lowest possible settings doesnt affect the problem at all and the game recommends me to use pretty much the highest possible graphics settings. Playing with the gravity calculation settings also did not improve the situation at all.

The in-built performance test of US² rated my PC 60.1 - whatever that means.

PC Specs:

Win7 x64 with latest updates
i5 @2,70 GHz, 4 physical cores
4 GB RAM
ATI 4800 HD @ 850MHz, 1GB GDDR5@ 975 MHz

The Task Manager shows US² is using only a small fraction of my RAM and my CPU, usually more than 50% of both stay unused.

Here is the output_log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i080v7psra65qbo/output_log.txt?dl=0

I very much hope someone can help me. I loved the original US and im quite frustrated i cant try out all the awesome new features i saw in all the US² videos.

Regards
lk1990
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:45:26 PM by Jar »

lk1990

Re: Discrepancy between FPS counter and true performance
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 12:03:17 PM »
Ok, i installed the latest OpenCL drivers and everything is running beautifully now :D. Sorry for making that unecessary post above.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
Re: Discrepancy between FPS counter and true performance
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 04:45:11 PM »
No worries, glad to hear it is fixed.

Updating drivers can make all the difference.