Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Game does not start/play properly  (Read 2887 times)

emraldmars

[RESOLVED] Game does not start/play properly
« on: September 18, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »
Hello all!

I am having SEVERE problems getting the game to do anything at all.  When I open it, all I get is extremely stuttered, laggy movement of everything, half the textures missing/showing incorrectly, and nothing really behaving like it should. On top of this, the biggest reason that I updated and bought a new version are the INCREDIBLE videos that I have seen online, and I feel like I was cheated.

I know the first thing people are going to say-- your video driver needs to be updated, you don't have proper RAM/hard drive, your Windows system is incompatible--  I don't believe that is the case.  I run Windows 7, my video card runs DirectX 11, I have 2.5 gig RAM, 1.6GHz processor, over 150 gig free hard drive space...  I will admit, I am not sure of my shader model or dedicated video memory, I'm not sure how to check those...

I have went through each of the troubleshooting steps one-by-one, and nothing seems to help.  I'm kind of with Jacob Norris, if I can't get this to work on my machine I want to be refunded...  But I would REALLY rather get this working somehow!  I got this to play with the terraforming while I am on medical leave from my work, and I went so far as to delete US1 from my hard drive.  Now I can barely get the game to launch...  This has me so frustrated I could either cry or scream...  I'm sending an email with this info into tech support as well, but if ANYONE has suggestions  for me, or different settings for me to try, I would really appreciate it!

~Emraldmars~
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:53:33 PM by Jar »

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: [BUG] Game does not start/play properly
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 09:23:11 PM »
We just updated to Alpha 11... run Steam to update... does that work?

If not... can you please post your log files?

How to find your log file:
http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,12458.0.html

emraldmars

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 09:48:40 PM »
I'm not sure if this is it, or if my game is just REALLY screwy--  this is the only thing that looked remotely like what the instructions said...

emraldmars

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 09:50:28 PM »
So does it just log when reporting a bug?  I could only find the one file...  THANK YOU for the prompt response!!!  ;D