Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ubox² does not properly save object information.  (Read 3038 times)

davidbuddy9

Ubox² does not properly save object information.
« on: September 14, 2014, 12:02:55 PM »
I've noticed playing around with custom systems in Ubox² that when I place planets from the random planet generator as well as taking pre-made planets like Earth and then heat them up to get random terrain and then save the simulation close the current simulation.

When I load the simulation, I notice that my Red Dwarf's (M star) temperature goes up from 2900 K to a K star, my rocky planet's temperature resets to temp it had when I placed it and the texture turns into the generic Ubox² rock planet texture.

Btw why doesn't Ubox² natively supports Red Dwarfs under 3000 K like c'mon 76.45% of the stars we found are Red Dwarfs and most of them have a temp under 3000 K.

Generic rock planet texture

C7

• Development Team
Re: Ubox² does not properly save object information.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 01:12:58 PM »
The saving system is very much a work in progress at the moment. Since we're still going through and making a lot of changes to the underlying data. It will eventually stabilize a bit, and then we can put some time into making sure it works exactly as intended.