Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Keyboard broken  (Read 3130 times)

Mrnoname

Keyboard broken
« on: September 09, 2014, 03:00:52 PM »
I am playing Universe Sandbox 2 on a Mac, and whenever I try to type something (heat, search, etc.) it very rarely works, making the game nearly unplayable. Is this a problem on my end or a problem with Universe Sandbox 2?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 04:13:58 PM by Mrnoname »

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
Re: Keyboard broken
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 04:11:36 PM »
It might be something on your end, as I don't have problems typing in numbers in the game, or searching for objects. Though, this would be the first time I have seen someone say they have a problem this specific.

It might be a bug, but since no one has really posted anything like this before, it is probably something on your side. Maybe a dev might know, they frequent the forums here, so maybe they'll see it at some point.

Mrnoname

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 04:13:45 PM »
It might be something on your end, as I don't have problems typing in numbers in the game, or searching for objects. Though, this would be the first time I have seen someone say they have a problem this specific.

It might be a bug, but since no one has really posted anything like this before, it is probably something on your side. Maybe a dev might know, they frequent the forums here, so maybe they'll see it at some point.

It seems to happen after a long play, a reboot helped, might have just gotten a small glitch.

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 04:30:09 PM »

It seems to happen after a long play, a reboot helped, might have just gotten a small glitch.

Ah, okay then. If it keeps recurring, then it very well could be a bug. Though, I will say, after playing for extended periods of time, it shouldn't bug out like that. If it keeps happening, you can attach your log file. A log file is created every time a new instance of US2 is started.

It keeps records of the current play time. If it happens to you again, attach it to this post, and a dev might be able to figure out where it went wrong.

To find your log file, check out the directions here:

http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,12458.0.html

Mrnoname

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 05:34:22 PM »

Ah, okay then. If it keeps recurring, then it very well could be a bug. Though, I will say, after playing for extended periods of time, it shouldn't bug out like that. If it keeps happening, you can attach your log file. A log file is created every time a new instance of US2 is started.

It keeps records of the current play time. If it happens to you again, attach it to this post, and a dev might be able to figure out where it went wrong.

To find your log file, check out the directions here:

http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,12458.0.html

Okay, I'll see if it happens again eventually. Don't really have much time right now, as it's not a weekend, but when possible, I'll mess with it for a while.

Electrodynamix

• Australian Alpha Tester and Astronomer
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 02:59:04 PM »
Nah, you don't have to find the bug again, as its already happened, so it will be put in the log file.  The log file keeps record of all processes back until the installation of the program.  However finding the bug a few times helps because as you said, it can be a bit random, so this might be a clash with the multiple input system, or perhaps your keyboard's signal format.

I lost the majority of keyboard input when that strange random moon bug/random gas giant bug that produces 'that bizarre texture'.  (I really hope that's fixed soon, because it makes creation of systems really limiting)

Mrnoname

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 08:11:38 PM »
It seems to consistently happen when raising the mass of the sun to exactly 10 suns. What I do is create a new simulation, put in some star (our sun seems to work the best), lock the volume, and hold the plus button on Mass until the window glitches out.

Here's the log file in ~/Library/Logs/Unity, let me know if I got the location wrong
http://pastebin.com/sxuzcyMn