Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Life  (Read 4347 times)

Trisdino

Life
« on: September 10, 2014, 05:55:05 AM »
I am sorry if this has already been asked, I searched to see if I could find an answer, but did not see anything definitive.

Basically, from what I have seen, this simulator looks very interesting, but the part that I am personally invested in is the whole terraforming process, altering the climate and seeing what happens, simulating impacts and such. I have seen that you are able to add water and atmospheres to alien bodies, and that there is a button called "Organic", but have never seen it be pressed, and as such, am still not sure if it does what I think it might.

So my question is: Are/will you be able to add life to alien worlds, and see how well it does based off the climate and such? I am not asking for a complex simulation of evolution and all, I know that is not this programs purpose, but from what I have seen, I would expect this to be a, albeit limited, feature, but I do want confirmation before purchasing anything.

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
Re: Life
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 07:46:59 AM »
Life will be simulated, but only on a very basic level. When adding organics to a planet or moon, it does have an affect on the body, but you can't see anything visual (yet). Giant Army will figure something out. The idea has been thrown around that when you add organics to a body, you will see plants on the surface grow over time. So far, water is the only thing simulated visually, the other materials (like organics), are not visually simulated yet (as stated above).

That's the best answer I can give from what the devs and other forum users have talked about. If anything, something as complicated a sentient beings may come much later in the development process, if at all.

jbrown11

• UK alpha tester. (i bought it)
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 09:02:38 AM »
Life will be simulated, but only on a very basic level. When adding organics to a planet or moon, it does have an affect on the body, but you can't see anything visual (yet). Giant Army will figure something out. The idea has been thrown around that when you add organics to a body, you will see plants on the surface grow over time. So far, water is the only thing simulated visually, the other materials (like organics), are not visually simulated yet (as stated above).

That's the best answer I can give from what the devs and other forum users have talked about. If anything, something as complicated a sentient beings may come much later in the development process, if at all.

yeah the devs will probably make buildings and basic structures when you add organics. but probably in a later alpha.
Also the devs are probably worried about the game actually being able to run on other people's operating systems.

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 01:05:23 AM »
Buildings are too small. Common computers wouldn't be able to handle the simulation of them, and if there were only a few per planet it'd look messy. I just want plants and climate to work on everything.

thalamus

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 09:31:34 AM »
Buildings are too small. Common computers wouldn't be able to handle the simulation of them, and if there were only a few per planet it'd look messy. I just want plants and climate to work on everything.

I agree on buildings being too small to simulate. I think it might be interesting (and reasonable on an average CPU) to scribble some gray lines in clusters on the surface to give the appearance of cities.

DiamondMiner10

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 08:29:56 PM »
Organics are just molecules life is made of like carbon, oxygen and nitrogen. It's not life itself

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 01:50:50 AM »
I'm pretty sure the "Organics" particle is a life sprinkler. If you sprinkle it on Earth it produces more plants. I can't wait till all planets has O-Sprinkle support.

Lord DC

• Omnitae - Leader of Omnipotencia
    • Steam profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 08:09:34 AM »
Yep, so we can finally get to making our empire planets