Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lighting, pausing/un pausing, and physics bug.  (Read 3826 times)

Deadpangod3

Lighting, pausing/un pausing, and physics bug.
« on: September 03, 2014, 07:07:26 AM »
So I got the game yesterday, love every minute of it, *totally made mars Venus and mercury habbitable*
But I noticed a strange bug,
When you open a simulation, like in the solar system one that apears when you load the game, the game will glitch with the presence of certain bodies when you place them.
I had it happen with Europa, Ganymede, random small moon, and others, lots of them. And I think it changes randomly, cause I had Sedna work once, then later it didn't.

What happens is,
First, the body is placed, in my case, an orbit of earth,

All bodies are lit up in a direction mostly from above but off to the side, and its like someone placed a new star, but the light from that and the sun don't combine into a bright spot anywhere,

The ability to pause and un pause with space ceases to work.

The body goes shooting off behind earth like its velocity was set to zero, using auto orbit does nothing, and any other bodies that are placed then also do the same.

If the glitch causing body is left in the simulation, it seems everything begins to fall apart in weird ways.

When said body is removed from the sim via undo, everything returns to normal, I haven't tried using the cut tool yet,

Also, I've had earth freeze randomly somehow at its real life distance from the sun(though may be from losing a tiny bit of its atmosphere), and sometimes the climate gets stuck and then sudenly it'll poof to what it should be, like it'll be frozen a few minutes after a collision and then sudenly it'll be just a solid rock with no water or anything, then proceeding as normal.

The first bug doesn't occur when I hit the new button and make things from scratch as far as I know, and the earth freezing one has happened in both.

Other then that this game is awesome. :D

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
Re: Lighting, pausing/un pausing, and physics bug.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 08:13:53 AM »
I also noticed this. I was making a new solar system when it happened. I placed a star, spawned a few random planets, and they froze in place only when you had it selected. For some reason, clicking the star makes the orbits normal again.

In fact, I sent a feedback message about this within the game, but it's also good to know it's affecting other people.

Deadpangod3

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 01:04:04 PM »
So I'm not the only one having it, odd. This game is fun nonetheless, but I have one question,
I managed to get a moon orbiting earth from a collision, and its like mere km from the ground, and it doesn't he tripped apart, are Roche limits gunna be added in this new universe sandbox?

Also, when I add organics to a planet with water, it doesn't grow anything, unless its earth.

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 08:00:51 PM »
So I'm not the only one having it, odd. This game is fun nonetheless, but I have one question,
I managed to get a moon orbiting earth from a collision, and its like mere km from the ground, and it doesn't he tripped apart, are Roche limits gunna be added in this new universe sandbox?

Also, when I add organics to a planet with water, it doesn't grow anything, unless its earth.

I had heard something about Roche limits being added later (I could be mistaken). Something was mentioned about Roche limits in Giant Army's live stream they had a month ago. As for adding organics to a planet, I haven't seen anything grow yet on a randomly generated planet. I don't think they added that yet.

As for earth, I wasn't able to get organics to grow on earth. But maybe that's because I bombarded it with asteroids.