Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [INFO] No deformation?  (Read 5875 times)

MrRobo

[INFO] No deformation?
« on: September 01, 2014, 02:58:52 PM »
On the website, it talks about having planet deformation, yet I cannot get this to work. Am I doing something wrong, or is it not implemented?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 04:09:23 PM by C7 »

shadow6061be

• Belgian alpha tester
Re: No deformation?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 05:01:33 PM »
try enabling "displacement mapping" in your settings and reloading the simulation

MrRobo

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 01:37:56 PM »
try enabling "displacement mapping" in your settings and reloading the simulation
Doesn't seem to be working...

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 05:47:14 PM »
Are you getting crater impacts?

Try opening the sim "Moon Bombardment" and then speed up time to let the planet cool... does that work?

You can break the moon in half if that's what you were expecting, although we are still working on collision improvements.

Electrodynamix

• Australian Alpha Tester and Astronomer
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 02:50:05 AM »
Enabled "Decals" under Video Settings?

therussiangui101

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 02:11:48 AM »
After the collision of an asteroid or planet and the like from another planet (for example), where there is water. Should in fact form a shock wave or a firestorm, tsunamis, tidal waves !!! For example here are the videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kECNdFCF5YY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxWHm8V4lZo

I love these things and I hope that all this will be implemented in the near future !!!

And yes, when will be 3d craters?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 02:18:40 AM by therussiangui101 »

therussiangui101

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 02:16:27 AM »
I also found a bug! When I reduced the temperature of the sun to -200, the earth at the same distance from the sun (about 150 million) quietly keeps the temperature (13-19 C), and should have long freeze. I even tried to speed up the time for the next 100 years, it's still the same temperature of the earth and remained !!!

therussiangui101

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 02:42:28 AM »
Movement of mainlands ? Also in development?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 02:50:12 AM by therussiangui101 »

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 04:09:09 PM »
Just to be clear, the deformation will make it appear that the surface of the planet has sunk in. However this effect does not "stack" and you can't carve the planet up using it.

If things are working properly you should be able to see the surface of the planet being pushed in a bit, if you look at the impact from a low angle, or rotate the camera so the impact crater is on the silhouette of the planet.

In order for that feature to work though, you need to have decals and deformation enabled in your graphics settings, as well as having a graphics card that supports "Vertex Displacement"

That said, if you're still having issues, I'll need more information to help you out. Such as the make and model of your video card, and your error logs, to see if there's a problem with the shaders that control the special FX.