Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Kolkon (Kollaborative Konlang)  (Read 1424 times)

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
Kolkon (Kollaborative Konlang)
« on: August 31, 2014, 02:47:43 PM »
Okay so here's a new idea:

Instead of creating an auxilliary-type conlang where we define everything first, we make a simple base for a language, and then we put it into practice, effectively.

So here's the process:

Someone decides on let's say 20-25 sentences. They would write a variety of sentences using basic concepts in the conlang, which would allow people to infer how simple conjugation, plurals, and other things work, in addition to figuring out basic words and word order. How they do this is simple, they write the sentence, and then they translate it into English. They do not specifically define each word. Along with these basic sample sentences, they write the basics of the language's phonology and orthography. I think several people should do this, and we can vote on the best one to start with.

In this way, people can start to recognize how the words are used. Then after voting upon the sample to use, everyone can begin to build upon the language as they wish. I will create a Google Doc for us to use the suggesting feature on. People can create new sentences (using the words and structure from the sample, and adding a few new words and features of their own) and provide their translation in English. Then people can vote upon the ones that they like the best and best match the sample sentences. In this way, the language can "evolve" as we "use" it to make new sentences. At some point, there'll be enough that we can start actually using it, and describe the language (rather than define words, we can "observe" and compile a dictionary reference based on what has already been done).

Brief example of a sample:

Language            English
Oka ki konali pe.      He ate the coconut.
Oka la tolu.         You ate food.
Tapo ti uloka         I want to eat.

In this case the word order is verb-subject-object (VSO), and I could define the phonology and orthography so we know how to pronounce the words.

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
Re: Kolkon (Kollaborative Konlang)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 02:58:16 PM »
reverse polish notation is best notation

oka pe konali
oka tolu la
tapo uloka ti

tuto99

• Baba Booey
Re: Kolkon (Kollaborative Konlang)