Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Latest update can be found on the main board  (Read 60441 times)

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Latest update can be found on the main board
« on: August 28, 2014, 05:39:43 PM »
The latest update is at the top of the main board:
http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/board,11.0.html

bugboyb100

Re: Latest update can be found on the main board
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 09:02:19 PM »
ive had the first universe sandbox like 2 yeasrs now and now i want universe sandbox 2

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 12:22:04 AM »
And? You can buy it now, you know.

BrandCollision

• I am a major fanboy of space games :)
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
I did buy it insted of US1, i upgraded to US2, but whats frusterating is all of the maps etc. when i open them it goes to US1 and not US2  >:(  :-[

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 05:00:12 AM »
Unfortunately, the US1 .sim files don't automatically convert into US2 .sim files. Sorry :/

kallisti

• I'm trying.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 04:37:33 AM »
That said, are they not compatible at all?

The reason why US2 files open in US1 is probably because Windows still considers US* files US1 files.

But I'm the village idiot, so have a grain of salt with this.

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 08:35:38 AM »
Nope. US2 runs in Unity, while US1 probably runs in C++ or something.

im4space

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 05:19:57 AM »
Dan Dixon

"Universe Sandbox is written in a manage .NET language, Visual Basic .NET. It uses the Truevision3D graphics engine and the nUI Interface library (buttons, list controls, etc...)."

see
http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,983.msg9380.html#msg9380

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 02:57:49 PM »
The latest update in Universe Sandbox 2 - Update 20.1.3 has lots of bugs. Please help me find those bugs and report them in the simulator's feedback.

Planetoid_75

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 02:51:46 PM »
You do know that there's a Universe Sandbox2 update, which occurred on September 15. It can be found on the link at the top or by opening your Steam Library under the "Universe Sandbox2" updates tab.

It's Cassini's Final Goodbye. I've enjoyed Cassini for 12 years, from the Titan landing to the Enceladus Geyser discovery to the discovery of an Hexagonal storm in the planet's North Pole. It was a bittersweet moment. Cassini: 2004-September 15, 2017. What a great mission it was. I tracked Cassini even before it's approach to Saturn, while in Elementary school, granted I didn't know about science all too much. I was too busy enjoying childish games.

Times change. I've wanted Universe Sandbox2 for over a year before I got my current powerhouse iMac. While Universe Sandbox2 is improving, it'll take years before Universe Sandbox2 is out of Alpha and into Beta. The way I see it, at this rate, it'll take until the early 2020s to get this program released as a stable version
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:06:06 PM by Planetoid_75 »

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 08:50:28 PM »
I have seen Cassini's final mission. It was a great, long mission.

I hope that Universe Sandbox 2 will soon be out of Alpha and move into Beta before being finally finished and released to the public as a complete version.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 12:47:28 PM »
Goodness me. How many more months will it take for Update 21 to be released. I just find it so strange for Universe Sandbox 2 to hold itself to a long halt like this. I expected a few updates to be released every passing month.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 01:04:35 PM »
Goodness me. How many more months will it take for Update 21 to be released. I just find it so strange for Universe Sandbox 2 to hold itself to a long halt like this. I expected a few updates to be released every passing month.
Just wait!

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 01:08:06 PM »
I am waiting, but the wait is too long. What is going on right now?

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 02:40:48 PM »
I am waiting, but the wait is too long. What is going on right now?
I'm no dev, but maybe its gonna be THE BIGGEST UPDATE, A UPDATE BIGGER THAN ALL OTHERS! A.K.A A big update that completely changes Universe Sandbox²...

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 03:37:49 PM »
Yes. It will be a huge update. The developers have already said that Update 21 will be a huge update. One good thing that will happen in Update 21 is the planet grid feature and better interaction with temperature variation instead of the average temperature of planets. Temperature variation will be a good feature for when using laser beams to melt parts of planets where the laser is firing.

TheOneFromPoland

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 11:13:55 AM »
Will more realistic landing will be added?

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2018, 03:10:12 PM »
Yes. It will be a huge update. The developers have already said that Update 21 will be a huge update. One good thing that will happen in Update 21 is the planet grid feature and better interaction with temperature variation instead of the average temperature of planets. Temperature variation will be a good feature for when using laser beams to melt parts of planets where the laser is firing.

Without the Evolution of the life of the star, renewal, for me personally - is meaningless.
What is the use of looking at the temperature chart if the stars do not change their characteristics over the years?
 Well, the user pushed the trajectory, shot from the laser into the planet, but what's the use?
 No, as a bonus entertainment - it's interesting. But why in the simulator of the universe there is no main thing - changes in the characteristics of the stars themselves over time?
Why, when changing for example the density of matter or radius or changing the radius of the star at the same mass (for example, squeeze into a white dwarf), nothing changes? Why are all these characteristics almost unrelated?
Why does not the user have the ability to observe these events?
 Why do stars not lose their mass with age or do not gain?
Yes, when creating planetary systems, the design mode is good, but this program is a simulator, which means that after construction, the user should be able to really see what will happen.
I bought this program in the hope that I can see and simulate, at least in an approximate form, what is described here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stellar_evolution.

Shoot from the laser into the planet and the like things can be in the "Star Wars" and "Solar 2", as well as other arcade games. This is no longer impressive. This is more fun additional function, but not a very important element in the simulator of the universe.

For the time being, the work, if I may so express it, in the "Universe Sandbox ²" reminds me of the process when you can not stick a domino with your finger and see how the knuckles will fall beautifully in the established scheme.   ;)

It's so dreary to watch the stars, which are 900 billion years old and they are as immortal as the user. :D The stars do not expand and do not narrow, systems do not collapse, they do not go from orbit to orbit ... everything is static. In fact, I really want to start the timer and see that the planetary system created by myself will finally fail and possibly give rise to a new system. The eternal cycle of the universe: Life - Death - Life  ;D

Tools for virtual reality - great, but what about the basics?
I very, very much hope that this moment will be realized. In the meantime, it turns out that the "Universe Sandbox" is an expanded and sophisticated "Pocket Universe - 3D Gravity Sandbox for mobile devices" .. and this is somewhat frustrating and frustrating.
In fact, I really appreciate the work of developers. A truly amazing project, but without such a bright and basic astronomical process in the universe, everything boils down to "space billiards on a PC" ... ???

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 03:14:34 PM by Flight Engineer Green »

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2018, 10:20:14 PM »
I think that it would be a great idea to add different types of aeroplanes, spaceships that you can control, fly and land of planets like you do in Space Engine.

Simulation abilities for aircrafts are needed in Universe Sandbox 2.

unclejoeussr

• Leader of the Soviet Union
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 01:58:49 AM »
I think that it would be a great idea to add different types of aeroplanes, spaceships that you can control, fly and land of planets like you do in Space Engine.

... no just no that's not the point of US2 if you want that go play Space Engine.

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 02:31:06 AM »

For such purposes, there is "Orbiter".
In the beginning, developers must create the basic astronomical phenomena.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2018, 04:28:39 AM »
Universe Sandbox 2 must do more and have more features, so I believe that aircrafts could be added at some point in the future.

Froggy

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2018, 11:52:51 AM »
That is way too much for a game in Alpha Cesare, it's not even in Beta yet, yet alone Release. Just have patience. I think they are only making good decisions with taking it slow, if they'd rushed this this would've been many many times worse than it is now

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2018, 01:12:11 PM »
I know that rushing is not a good think. I am happy the developers are taking their time to think and fix bugs.

Those features are never too much because one day developers will add the ideas of features that people request, so this feedback is a good thing for them to know what we all want.

We are all a community on this forum.

unclejoeussr

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 12:17:14 PM »
Cesare, I get what your saying, however may I suggest that if you really want the developers to know what we as a community want, why not start some polls asking if users want a certain feature or not, instead. Some features most of us probably don't agree on, while I am sure there are others we can all want to see.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 12:22:55 PM »
I would like to start some polls. Can you help find the correct section on the forum.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2018, 05:52:49 PM »
I would like to start some polls. Can you help find the correct section on the forum.

US2 Discussion? maybe?

unclejoeussr

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2018, 08:32:21 PM »
Yes US2 Discussion would seem the appropriate board for such things. You should do it, there's a real lack of polls here, nice to have some thing new.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 04:26:16 AM »
How do I start a poll? Please explain.

Gurren Lagann TSS

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 02:31:41 PM »
How do I start a poll? Please explain.

There is a buttom at the left of "Make Topic" called "Make Poll". Click on it. And then customize it.