Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [RETEST] limited sounds  (Read 3280 times)

blritsema

[RETEST] limited sounds
« on: August 27, 2014, 06:28:16 AM »
I installed the game for my son last night,  ever since I have limited sounds coming through the speakers,   even when not on the game.  For instance, I play war thunder and all the sounds are there except for the noise the propeller makes.  Does the same thing on youtube.  This was not there before I installed the game.  Also should sandbox1 be taken off before the install of 2?  Any help would be nice.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:27:55 PM by C7 »

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
Re: limited sounds
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 08:27:50 AM »
So far the only sounds in the game are the sound of collisions and the sound of fire when you approach a star. I've been suggesting for quite a long time for the devs to include more sounds, like a short intro tune an 'click' sounds when you open a menu, but so far those two are the only sounds in the game.

And no, you don't have to uninstall US1

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 05:03:45 PM »
There shouldn't be anything that persists in regards to audio, we're not altering system volumes or anything like that.

Additionally, if something has gone wrong in the driver, a restart would typically clear it.

The one thing to check, is the various volume controls in windows itself, there are quite a few, and it's easy to turn down the volume in one place, while it's up in others.

Other then that, I've had some odd cases with usb headphones that go really quiet. It's not related to any specific application and a driver re-install is the fix. (This happened to me on a set of g-35 headphones for instance)

Camacha

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 05:20:38 PM »
So far the only sounds in the game are the sound of collisions and the sound of fire when you approach a star. I've been suggesting for quite a long time for the devs to include more sounds, like a short intro tune an 'click' sounds when you open a menu, but so far those two are the only sounds in the game.

And no, you don't have to uninstall US1
At the same time I think you should be very wary of any sounds for the sake of it. A minimal approach is fine, especially since space is a pretty quiet environment.