Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [FEEDBACK] Slow heating Transitions  (Read 2768 times)

Lord DC

• Omnitae - Leader of Omnipotencia
    • Steam profile
[FEEDBACK] Slow heating Transitions
« on: August 26, 2014, 07:51:43 AM »
It seems that even when a planet is extremely hot, it transitions slowly when I believe it would just do that instantly? either way, it's kind of unrealistic. Unless slow transitions at incredible temp's are intended.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:40:42 PM by C7 »

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
Re: Slow heating Transitions
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 09:06:13 AM »
No, it is the opposite. If you heat a glass of water in the microwave and then take it out, it won't get room temperature instantly, right? It takes time for objects to lose heat. It is realistic.

I'll enjoy this opportunity to tell you guys an idea I had. There should be a small blue arrow pointing down next to the temperature in the left-click menu that indicates that the temperature of the object is decreasing. New players might not understand that it takes time for the object to lose temperature, and they will think US is innacurate

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 09:08:11 AM »
Or maybe just a normal arrow the same color as the text? (to make it look more futuristic/artistic)

I agree this tool will be helpful for making life-potential planets.

Lord DC

• Steam profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:20:36 AM »
No, it is the opposite. If you heat a glass of water in the microwave and then take it out, it won't get room temperature instantly, right? It takes time for objects to lose heat. It is realistic.

I'll enjoy this opportunity to tell you guys an idea I had. There should be a small blue arrow pointing down next to the temperature in the left-click menu that indicates that the temperature of the object is decreasing. New players might not understand that it takes time for the object to lose temperature, and they will think US is innacurate

Although thanks for helping, you misunderstood my point. See, i meant the Visuals, not the temp itself  :P

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 09:33:59 AM »
Still. What I said still applies.

Remember that in space, there is no contact with other objects that can transfer the temperature. The planet can only lose heat by radiation, so it is expected to take longer

Lord DC

• Steam profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 09:40:31 AM »
I meant the visuals of it turning molten slowly while its at 90000000000 C ;D