Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Universe Sandbox ² Alpha is now available for purchase!  (Read 17203 times)

Octillerysnacker

Re: Universe Sandbox ² Alpha is now available for purchase!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 08:09:26 PM »
Will they price go up? I want to know so if it isn't going to go up I don't have to panic about when to buy it.  :-\

After watching the videos it seems SO MUCH BETTER than the old one...

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »
Hey. Love the Game ;D. I just have a couple complaints about glitches and missing things. The first thing is a glitch. Whenever I try "spawning" a galaxy, all but the M 32 galaxy look the same, other than that, they are all named "not named". Please fix this. The next thing is that I do not know where or how to add water, hydrogen, and other materials. Please add these things if you haven't already. Thanks so much for the game. -Nick

Thanks for the suggestions, Nick.  We are still in alpha, so there are many fixes and improvements that we are currently working on or have planned. Galaxies, for example, need more attention still.

For materials, you can open up the properties panel for a body and click on the Materials tab to change its composition. There is also a material "gun" that you can access under the Powers menu on the left hand side. Click on Dispenser and you can add material particles to the simulation.

Will they price go up? I want to know so if it isn't going to go up I don't have to panic about when to buy it.  :-\

Unfortunately, we do not yet have a plan for future prices. We've looked at games that use different pricing models for alpha and early access, and we are not sure which will work best for us. It's possible the price won't change at all... we haven't decided.

You are right, though: Universe Sandbox ² is much better than the original.  :)

nickrulercreator

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2014, 05:36:18 PM »
Ok, thanks Jar, the only thing is, I cant find that option (the "gun" or terraforming). I looked where you said to, but its not there, the only thing that is there is the ability to shoot planets, asteroids, etc.
Hey. Love the Game ;D. I just have a couple complaints about glitches and missing things. The first thing is a glitch. Whenever I try "spawning" a galaxy, all but the M 32 galaxy look the same, other than that, they are all named "not named". Please fix this. The next thing is that I do not know where or how to add water, hydrogen, and other materials. Please add these things if you haven't already. Thanks so much for the game. -Nick

Thanks for the suggestions, Nick.  We are still in alpha, so there are many fixes and improvements that we are currently working on or have planned. Galaxies, for example, need more attention still.

For materials, you can open up the properties panel for a body and click on the Materials tab to change its composition. There is also a material "gun" that you can access under the Powers menu on the left hand side. Click on Dispenser and you can add material particles to the simulation.

Unfortunately, we do not yet have a plan for future prices. We've looked at games that use different pricing models for alpha and early access, and we are not sure which will work best for us. It's possible the price won't change at all... we haven't decided.

You are right, though: Universe Sandbox ² is much better than the original.  :)

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2014, 09:51:10 PM »
>Powers (The little raindrop icon on the left)
>Materials Hose
>Select material
>Select mass/per particle
>Click

jackiebeatle60

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2014, 11:08:14 AM »
I bought the game yesterday, however not in my library yet, so I'm going to wait a few days... ::)

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2014, 07:48:31 PM »
You should have gotten an email from Humble Bundle with instructions on how to add the game to your Steam library. It doesn't show up automatically.

Please post again if you're having trouble or can't find the email.

A . M . O

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2015, 05:40:47 PM »
thats good but...

can i buy it with another type of money that is not dollars?

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2015, 09:20:10 PM »
...it's PayPal/Amazon; I'm pretty sure currency doesn't matter to them

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2015, 07:33:21 AM »
I think that this needs to be mentioned in the OP:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3008969