Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [FIXED] Unable to start US² even with safe mode / force cpu  (Read 4995 times)

DDR2402

• Polish Alpha Tester
Again it's OpenCL failure. Here i attached my error log. I tried to launch  it with -safemode -forcecpu launch options, but still same errors. Someone know fix for this?

Why no one replying? Why devs not replying?

Ok. I attached here ALL my error logs from Alpha 9.3, and one from
Alpha 10.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:41:23 PM by C7 »

Chris

• Developer
Re: Unable to start US² even with safe mode / force cpu
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:03:55 AM »
While we are closely monitoring all the feedback, we simply cannot respond to every single post.
Please be a little patient, we are working on these exotic hardware issues.
Thank you.

DDR2402

• Polish Alpha Tester
Re: Alpha 10 now available - August 25, 2014
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 12:15:27 AM »
Why? Just why? It is STILL, from Alpha 8 to Alpha 10, my error with OpenCL. Do you, in general, are doing something about it? Because if so, from Alpha 8 does not see any effects. All the time error.

Greenleaf

• Thomas Grønneløv
  • Development Team
Re: Re: Alpha 10 now available - August 25, 2014
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 12:49:55 AM »
Why? Just why? It is STILL, from Alpha 8 to Alpha 10, my error with OpenCL. Do you, in general, are doing something about it? Because if so, from Alpha 8 does not see any effects. All the time error.

The bug you reported was "amdocl.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005) in module amdocl.dll at 0023:612ce999."

Everything seems to indicate its an actual driver error and is not caused by US². You will note that there are many other users, of various other OpenCL enabled software solutions, who have a similar issue with that driver file. In other words, it seems to be your installation which is faulty.
https://www.google.com/search?q=amdocl.dll&oq=amdocl.dll&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.344j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

We will certainly try to find specific restore steps for you, but it is not at the top of our list, so in the meantime I suggest trying to research the issue yourself. If you find a solution before we do, please let us know for future reference, since you are likely to not be the last user with that issue :-)

DDR2402

• Polish Alpha Tester
Re: Re: Alpha 10 now available - August 25, 2014
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 02:45:25 PM »
I repaired my computer and US2 Alpha. Easy - Download amdocl.dll. What a fool I am. Why did not I think for such a simple solution. I just replaced my amdocl.dll in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ with original amdocl.dll downloaded from www.originaldll.com/file/amdocl.dll/8871.html. Ah, and simple question, how to turn climate simulation off  :D? Because i can't find it...

Unnamed25

• o hai
Re: Unable to start US² even with safe mode / force cpu
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 04:49:05 PM »
Edit earth, and go to "Climate"