Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: So I downloaded US1 again...  (Read 6177 times)

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
So I downloaded US1 again...
« on: August 24, 2014, 06:42:31 PM »
Although I'm an Alpha tester of the new US, I decided to download the first version again for the nostalgia. God, it is awesome. So simple an fun. I gotta admit that the design is much more intuitive and simple than the one of the new version. I am still not used to that new overwhelming properties menu, to be honest.

Another plus, US1 runs perfectly smooth here with no graphic issues. I'd like someone to explain me, why does the solar system simulation run fine in US1 but it is very laggy in US2 alpha?

But anyways, I know US² is in development and in the end it will have all of the features of the previous version and some more, but I decided to start this thread saying that US1 is awesome

Cosmos

• unvrs sndbox plz.
Re: So I downloaded US1 again...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 10:31:08 PM »
Another plus, US1 runs perfectly smooth here with no graphic issues. I'd like someone to explain me, why does the solar system simulation run fine in US1 but it is very laggy in US2 alpha?

Because new things.

Tali_Zorah

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 12:35:52 AM »
Because it is still an Alpha version, you know it's not final yet and some things are not working as they will be in the end. Hence some glitches, lags and other issues. It's all worked on too. No worries! Remember that 2 has new stuff in it too from US1.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 04:58:31 PM »
I gotta admit that the design is much more intuitive and simple than the one of the new version.

Very fair and good feedback. We won't be done improving Universe Sandbox ² until you no longer agree that the original is better than the sequel.

This past month we've been focusing completely rethinking the 'Create' menu for Alpha 12 (and the main reason why we haven't released it yet, because we keep saying "one more improvement...") I think it's a major improvement and is a good example of the direction we're taking the user interface. We look forward to everyone's feedback on it.

I am still not used to that new overwhelming properties menu, to be honest.

Yeah... it's just a big list. Very little effort has gone into improving it yet, but that is one of the next big things to do.

Older hardware is going to struggle a bit with the currently higher requirements for Universe Sandbox ². But it shouldn't be that bad... We're re-factoring our physics engine (although not in time for Alpha 12)... so I'll be curious to see if that makes any difference for you.

But anyways, I know US² is in development and in the end it will have all of the features of the previous version and some more, but I decided to start this thread saying that US1 is awesome

Yes... this is the plan (or at least almost all of the features) and thanks.

DiamondMiner10

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 12:03:26 AM »
Although I'm an Alpha tester of the new US, I decided to download the first version again for the nostalgia. God, it is awesome. So simple an fun. I gotta admit that the design is much more intuitive and simple than the one of the new version. I am still not used to that new overwhelming properties menu, to be honest.

Lol I still somehow have the first version of Universe Sandbox on my pc. When I look at my desktop I see the silver U and remember the old days...