Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: my opinion about US  (Read 6185 times)

Andreas

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
my opinion about US
« on: April 15, 2010, 02:56:32 PM »
I used to be a big fan of Universe Sandbox and made a lot of publicity for the program. Many of my friends did buy it but i don´t feel good with it anymore.

One thing is the payment plans. I can´t afford 29$ and i won´t beg to get it cheaper.  None of my friends will pay 29$ (thats around 25€) for it either. In germany you buy a program once and don´t pay for an upgrade.

I also tried several times to make good things in US, but they never got implemented.
In the "users systems" are totally stupid things, while the systems that i did send (like a dwarf galaxy consisting of several hundred  suns) were completly ignored. But a senseless Pandora System made it into US...
I also made a binary neutron star system, that orbits in very close distance and is orbited from dozens of planets. Its stable and i did it long before US " Beta was released.

I lost any interest in participating in this anymore. The niveau of the community sinks very low too.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: my opinion about US
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:46:36 PM »
Thanks for your comments Andreas.

I'm sorry my actions have caused you to lose enthusiasm for Universe Sandbox.

I know you purchased multiple copies and have been a big proponent. I truly appreciate this.

I think that $29 is a fair price. My selection of this price was a step toward the justification of working on Universe Sandbox full time for the rest of the year and beyond. If I wasn't charging money then the project wouldn't be anywhere near a v2 release. It was my initial limited success (aka everyone that's purchased so far, like you) that helped justify leaving my job to develop version 2 full time.

I apologize for not including any of your submissions. I haven't released any new community content since the last release of version 1. I've been sitting on a number of submissions, so everyone who has shared has been effected. I'm sorry for not properly managing community submissions. I promise to better manage community sharing after the initial release of version 2.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:52:23 PM by Dan Dixon »

Andreas

• Universe Sandbox 1 Beta Team
Re: my opinion about US
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 05:06:02 AM »
I just can´t afford that. I still go school. 29$ are around 25€. I get evry months just 50€ from my parents