Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [FIXED] Venus has water in some areas  (Read 3891 times)

RS Productions

• E=mc🌟
[FIXED] Venus has water in some areas
« on: August 23, 2014, 11:49:22 AM »
I loaded the solar system and went to Venus and some parts of it had water. Sorry no screenshot because don't know how to post one here.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:25:02 PM by C7 »

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
Re: Venus has water in some areas
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 11:59:49 AM »
Click "reply". Below the text field there is "+ Attatchments and other options". Click it

RS Productions

• E=mc🌟
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 12:35:55 PM »
Here it is

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 01:10:12 PM »
It not only has water, but the water is liquid? Wow.

I've opened the solar system simulation and checked out the Materials tab. It says that the water is gas/plasma. I've reported this error several times but it hasn't been fixed yet. How can water be in the plasma state in a world with a relatively low temperature like Venus? Geez am I missing something?

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 11:23:07 AM »
Removed off topic posts from this thread.

If you don't have anything useful to add to a bug report, please take it to the discussion thread instead. It's making it harder for me to work the reported bugs list.

I'll check the information for the properties of water, the water should not be in plasma state at those temperature ranges. Venus is pretty hot, but it's not that hot.

Thanks

Electrodynamix

• Australian Alpha Tester and Astronomer
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 10:40:28 PM »
Venus does have quite a lot of water in the materials tab by default. Because the atmospheric pressure is so high and the water content is so high, the game might show a little bit of liquid surface water at any one time.  But yes, the temperature should counteract the air pressure.  (I have read about a theory where composition factors from the atmosphere, subsurface compounds, and *that term I forgot for the atmospheric phenomenon where a strong downward wind occurs for a short period of time* could mean Venus has small amounts of liquid water on its surface at any one time and location.  But we'll need some clever tech to see if that's true, as anything put on the surface of the planet will quickly be crushed and melted into an awful mess on the list of other awful messes left by spacecraft on Venus.  I certainly think that this amount of surface water is too much, that is, if there is any surface water at all.)

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 11:21:38 PM »
This should be fixed in Alpha 10.1