Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Planet Bright and Dark Side Switched  (Read 3674 times)

arthurcara

Planet Bright and Dark Side Switched
« on: August 13, 2014, 06:26:19 PM »
Hello again guys, I am here to report a bug in Alpha 8.3. I already used the feedback button for this bug, but I didn't receive any email saying the bug would be fixed(other bugs I reported using the feedback button resulted in an email saying they would fix it). So here is a video to explain how to do it.

Steps:
1. Create a New Simulation.
2. Add a star(tested with Sirius B and Sirius).
3. Put a Random Rocky Planet in The Habitable Zone(actually anywhere far from the star works).
4. Zoom into the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqbGOyjh2bI

Output Log: http://www.mediafire.com/view/u0ilq8bi7v2nox1/output_log_%283%29.txt

The output log was attached to the post as well(the mediafire link is here to ensure the developers can get it).

Any problems with the output_log download and/or the video, please send me a PM.

EXTRA INFO:
Video Card: Geforce GTX 560 Ti
Graphic Settings: High
Processor: Intel Core i5-3450

MORE INFO:
Maybe this bug is related: http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,13052.0.html

EVEN MORE INFO: Format -> [Forum User Name(who has all the credits for the information)]: [Information]
The Ventifact: "At least for me, the only star that reversed the circle of illumination was Wolf 359."

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:55:38 PM by arthurcara »

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
Re: Planet Bright and Dark Side Switched
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 06:36:20 PM »
Yeah, I saw this when testing with stars. At least for me, the only star that reversed the circle of illumination was Wolf 359, the rest act normal, like they should. I guess this one could vary. I'll have to check the other stars to make sure. 

Edit: It appears that stars with a really big habitable zone (where it requires a planet or moon to be really far from the star), it flips the shadows. If you move a planet/moon closer, the lighting acts like it should.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:51:39 PM by The Ventifact »

wubbzy301

• I stole a username idea!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 07:09:28 PM »
This post related to my reply too.

If you put the rocky planet (or asteroid) farther away from the sar, unknown star (very very far away) will affect the rocky planet instead of planet got all black and dark.

DaniheltheMage

• Ayy lmao
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:28:29 PM »
At least for me, the only star that reversed the circle of illumination was Wolf 359, the rest act normal, like they should.

For me, whenever I put Wolf 359 down, it's a gas giant.

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 08:13:07 PM »
At least for me, the only star that reversed the circle of illumination was Wolf 359, the rest act normal, like they should.

For me, whenever I put Wolf 359 down, it's a gas giant.

Really? So that's why the star's texture looked so weird. I should have noticed that. >.<

And see my edit above. I tested the other stars. The shadow flips on me too, but only when it's placed really far from the star.