Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Throwing asteroids at Sun causes strange Sun fragments and graphical behavior  (Read 3758 times)

BearInABox

I decided to throw some asteroids at the sun and got some strange results.  The asteroids that I was using were Ceres and Chariklo in the Powers menu, though I wonder if this would work with any such asteroid.
After impact, some Sun Fragments made of 100 percent iron with very high masses and velocities were flung into space.  I have a screenshot depicting the properties menu of one of these fragments as well as another bug: when I clicked faraway objects (like these fragments; they were near the orbit of Sedna by the time I hit the pause button) the objects would visually inflate to disproportionate sizes.  I'll attach a log file of me replicating this bug as well, though I took a cursory look at an earlier one from this bug and didn't see much.
Screenshot and log should be attached.

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
It's not inflating, the camera has zoomed in on the object.

Lol you should expect everything else though. Collisions are crazy for now.

XilentDude

• Alpha Tester
Just throw Jupiter into the Sun and see the results.

C7

• Development Team
The collisions are very much in progress in the current Alpha. Thomas and I are working hard on fixing all the issues. In the meantime, you can expect a lot of really bizzare behavior...

Mrclimix

• The cosmos is nearly in our grasp of manipulating
Collisions isn't realistic yet in the current alpha.

jbrown11

• UK alpha tester. (i bought it)
Random Question but, when will US2 come out for everyone?

just curious :P

Mrclimix

• The cosmos is nearly in our grasp of manipulating
Random Question but, when will US2 come out for everyone?

just curious :P

The developers would post it if it was available just wait we still don't know but for me i think it is about 2 more months for the public alpha to be released.

Electrodynamix

• Australian Alpha Tester and Astronomer
I experience this problem with just about every planet.  If I launch 2 asteroids in the same position, at the same angle by pressing 1, strange occurrences follow...