Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Time and Eclipses  (Read 2933 times)

thhynes

Time and Eclipses
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:21:51 PM »
Question:

I just got accepted as a new beta tester...thanks to the US2 Team

When you open up the Solar System, how do you know what date it is....I would take a guess that the date would be what ever the computer system has ...right?  If this is true than there is a planetary issue...

I went out to Pluto and low and behold eclipses occurred on the planet caused by Charon's shadow...however this can NOT be as the next series of eclipses will not occur until the next century...

The next period of time when solar eclipses can occur on Pluto will begin October 2103, peak in 2110, and end January 2117. During this period, solar eclipses will occur at some point on Pluto every orbit of Charon. The maximum duration of any solar eclipse by Charon as seen from Pluto during this period is about 90 minutes

Or is it just safe to assume that the solar system built into Universe Sandbox is just a generic build and could be of any time????

Is there a way to set a specific time and date to witness the moons shadow on earth...????

pac0master

• Developer of Portal 2: Abyss
Re: Time and Eclipses
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 08:54:58 PM »
That would be fun to start the game with the actual time :P

wubbzy301

• I stole a username idea!!!
Re: Time and Eclipses
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 10:43:46 PM »
Question:

I just got accepted as a new beta tester...thanks to the US2 Team

When you open up the Solar System, how do you know what date it is....I would take a guess that the date would be what ever the computer system has ...right?  If this is true than there is a planetary issue...

I went out to Pluto and low and behold eclipses occurred on the planet caused by Charon's shadow...however this can NOT be as the next series of eclipses will not occur until the next century...

The next period of time when solar eclipses can occur on Pluto will begin October 2103, peak in 2110, and end January 2117. During this period, solar eclipses will occur at some point on Pluto every orbit of Charon. The maximum duration of any solar eclipse by Charon as seen from Pluto during this period is about 90 minutes

Or is it just safe to assume that the solar system built into Universe Sandbox is just a generic build and could be of any time????

Is there a way to set a specific time and date to witness the moons shadow on earth...????
You mean... alpha tester, not beta tester.