Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New bug thread  (Read 2193 times)

Unnamed25

• o hai
New bug thread
« on: August 11, 2014, 06:39:51 AM »
I just made this so the forum wouldn't be filled by threads of bugs from the new alpha testers, anyways.
I just discovered my 1st bug!
When you use the random gas giant planet it has a chance of it being a supermassive terrestial planet, but it ends up as a planet with a white surface.

WitheHole18

• Nothing is created, nothing is destroyed.
Re: New bug thread
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 06:54:00 AM »
This is a problem of the material. And the white surface is ice. ;)

Unnamed25

• o hai
Re: New bug thread
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 06:56:38 AM »
Sorry for the double post, but new bug.
(ohnopenodoublepost)
I placed down a 4.8 earth mass planet which was supposed to be a gas giant(see previous bug on thread) in orbit around a star, then i deleted the star.

I paused the game, placed barnard's star near it on a collision course, but the planet decided to auto-orbit the new star with 0.00 eccentricity orbit after i unpaused it.

EDIT: decided to edit my post this time lol

After i turned the sun older in both 1 year per second and 100 million years per second(using the editor), they both turned into a white bob of lagginess.

I reported it already with it happening with 100mil years per second, but didn't want to do a bug report again just to confirm it works on slower timescales, so i posted it here.

EDIT 2: do novas/supernovas work for anyone else? When i set the timescale to million of years per second so a star blew up it just made (another) white blob of lagginess

Edit 3: I just realized that for some reason the simulation sets itself to :
Adjusted: 0.0 ms
 after a nova/supernova happens, and there's nothing i can do about it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:54:39 AM by Unnamed25 »