Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Clique -vs- Interguild mafia - Day 0  (Read 1470 times)

Jorster

• karma chameleon
Clique -vs- Interguild mafia - Day 0
« on: August 10, 2014, 11:32:54 PM »
Welcome to Day 0 of Clique vs Interguild mafia! The game will start once a 2/3rds majority of players confirm their roles via PM to me.

Rules:
-Do not bring outside influences into the game - this includes threats, bribes, wagers, promises, alliances, etc. Using knowledge from previous games is perfectly acceptable, but try not to carry grudges from one game to another.
-Do not talk outside the game thread about an ongoing game except where allowed to do so by your role. Likewise, do not use bbcode to hide secret messages - this equates to discussion outside the thread.
-Do not edit/delete posts.
-Do not quote communications with the moderator (in particular, your role PM). Paraphrasing is usually ok.
-Play to win the game.
-Do not use excessive formatting in your posts; this includes tags and other items such as encrypted text which would affect readability of the game. Spoiler= tags are allowed however plain Spoiler tags are not.
-Once revealed as dead, you are not allowed to post in thread, this includes any “Bah!” posts, until endgame where I have declared the winner.
-Prods will be issued to those not posting in the thread for 48 hours, without declaring V/LA either bolded in thread, via pm to the mod
-To vote, please use one of the following syntaxes, otherwise it may not be counted.

Code: [Select]
[b]Vote: Jorster[/b]     
    [b]Vote: Jor[/b]
     a. Abbreviations of usernames will count as long as I can identify who it is you're trying to vote.
     b. Unvotes are appreciated however they are not required.
     c. To lynch someone you will require more than 50.1% of the votes available.
     d. If there is no one above that level of votes at deadline a no lynch will occur.

Day phases will last a maximum of 10 days, night phases will last a minimum of 2 days.

If anything is unclear about how to play or anything game-related, please PM me and I will attempt to answer any questions

Jorster

• karma chameleon
Re: Clique -vs- Interguild mafia - Day 0
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 12:37:16 AM »
Darvince and Tuto have confirmed. 3 more people must confirm for the game to start

vh

• formerly mudkipz
  • "giving heat meaning"
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 06:14:48 AM »
i'm not playing but this is the dumbest name.

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 07:12:51 AM »
well i'm not saying kolok allahu misc_jkok_pants.avi so why are you of complaining

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 10:24:03 AM »
There seems to be some confusion about what mafia is. Here is a post to clarify things.
o put very simply, Mafia is a game of lying. There is a group of people, some of them are lying and some are telling the truth. Your job is to figure out who is lying, or if you are lying to convince the rest of the group that you are telling the truth.

To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the town and mafia. Mafia know who each other are and can coordinate their actions privately. Townies on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more townies than mafia; usually the ratio is 1 mafia for every 4 townies. In other words, Mafia is a game of an informed minority against an uninformed majority. Can the mafia use its superior organization and knowledge to lead the town astray? Or can the town figure out the mafia and kill them before their numbers advantage runs out?

At the beginning of the game you are PM'ed your role. The game is divided into two repeating phases: day and night. Days last 10 days and revolve around deciding a lynch target by means of voting. Every player in the game gets one vote, and each player must argue and convince the others to lynch their target. At the end of the day the person with the most votes is lynched; their alignment and role are revealed and they are removed from the game. The majority of the action in the game takes place during the day phase.

Night is 48 hours long and is reserved for private actions. Any player in the game that has an ability (such as mafia kills, detective checks, medic protections, etc.) can use their power in this phase. Usually during the night everyone discusses the results of the lynch and makes plans for the next day. It serves as downtime from the emotionally charged days. After the night ends, a day post comes up with the results of who dies. After the day post, the discussion for lynch begins anew.

Once there is a winner, everyone will typically weigh in on the game with their thought process and advice. Many times the hosts or observers will contribute their thoughts as well.

The role pm I sent you tells you what your role and allignment is, but I'm not sure if that was clear, so I'll clarify. The mafia roles will all be the names of a "Clique" member, e.x. Jorster, Darvince, etc. Town names will either be "sugg", or the name of a prominent Interguildian, e.x. Sefro, Isa, Quirvy, Soccerboy, etc.

If this is your first time, I'd HIGHLY recommend reading this whole guide, so you know what's going on.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/301748-a-general-guide-to-mafia

Jorster

• karma chameleon
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 10:24:42 AM »
Also, enough people have confirmed for the day to start, but I have to write flavour for the opening day, so It'll be a while. Expect the game to begin by tonight