Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 4 reasons why the second alpha testing group is so impatient  (Read 7506 times)

Estwald

4 reasons why the second alpha testing group is so impatient
« on: August 08, 2014, 04:02:27 PM »
1. To put it bluntly, all the first group of alpha testers had to wait for, was a very buggy early primitive ****ty version of the alpha, that didn't have any cool collisions or smooth climate simulation. Didn't look as good as alpha 7 did. So they had less to look forward to, meaning it was easier to be patient and not go "OMG OMG I WANT THE KEY RIGHT NOW SO I CAN SEE COOL COLLISIONS".

2. I believe that we have had to wait longer than the first group of testers. Not only did we have to wait 3 weeks for the application process to finish, we have had to wait a whole another week for alpha 8 to get released, and now who knows how long it will be until we actually get the steam codes. For all we know, there could be a huge bug found that will take a whole month to get fixed. It's not just waiting, it's also uncertainty.

3. Since the current group of alpha testers has more young kids, and time passes slower for younger ages, they have to wait longer.

4. You could say that we are taking acceptance for granted, but waiting for something is harder than not waiting for anything.

DaniheltheMage

• Ayy lmao
Re: 4 reasons why the second alpha testing group is so impatient
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 04:13:26 PM »
I agree with this, but it still doesn't give reason for them to keep spamming the forums with "When is alpha keys coming out???" I'm excited too and can't wait, but just control yourself.

shadow6061be

• Belgian alpha tester
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 04:37:40 PM »
1) Maybe to you it is the case, but remember, we witnessed the evolution from spheres with simple texture and collision that only spawned a white circle and a few particles to high resolution planets with atmosphere and collisions creating real impacts with actual effects and particles that weren't just white dots anymore so, of course it has been improved a lot since the beginning of the alpha, but nothing compared to the "old" universe sandbox² that is already available.

2) Yes, maybe you have to wait longer, but in the meantime, some alpha testers have put some contents on these very forums : videos, screenshots, etc. We "only" had what the devs found time to upload before D-Day (which was still very nice as they were our only source of content). Plus, you only have to wait longer so that you can actually test the game properly, without having to worry too much about horrible crashes and game-breaking bugs (of course it will be your job to test for these, but still, having a non-crashing version will help you a lot).

3) This argument just doesn't make any sense to me as this is entirely subjective.

4) Waiting for something is hard, and this is something I cannot argue with. However, instead of just posting "We are waiting" messages on the forum that will remind you that you are waiting, try forgetting about it for now and do something else, play other videogames or even read the forum, if you really want to be prepared, as you will then be able to distinguish some already reported bugs from new ones you may encounter during your testing. It is a real piece of advice, as it is the way I manage to wait for such awesome things :D

Now, I won't lie, I don't really like these kind of topics, but you at least had the decency to try to find 4 plausible arguments  :P.

Breakfestbacon

• 【American Alpha Tester】
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 06:19:19 PM »
I don't know why you have to be this impatient. Honestly, I don't care that you need to wait a few days longer than we did. Frankly 1 extra week doesn't matter. You should be grateful that you were accepted. We were anxious too, but we didn't cry if we didn't get it right then and there. Thank you to all the patient group of second alpha testers. As my respect for the impatient ones continues to deteriorate. I really hate to rant, so PLEASE stop whining.

RS Productions

• E=mc🌟
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 06:52:34 PM »
I don't know why you have to be this impatient. Honestly, I don't care that you need to wait a few days longer than we did. Frankly 1 extra week doesn't matter. You should be grateful that you were accepted. We were anxious too, but we didn't cry if we didn't get it right then and there. Thank you to all the patient group of second alpha testers. As my respect for the impatient ones continues to deteriorate. I really hate to rant, so PLEASE stop whining.

You're welcome bro. :)

lmgg

• US2 and DK2, the next two most wanted!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 07:01:07 PM »
I'm now officially ashamed to be on the new batch of testers. I think most of us are patient and polite, and it's unfair we ALL are being taken as annoying people who continuously demand the keys :-[
IMHO there is the same amount of whining coming from both sides, the old and the new testers, complaining about one another.
C'mon, it's not too hard to be in peace.

adtdeveloping

• Alpha tester here :D < Cause ... yolo.
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 07:07:25 PM »
I dont get the third one.
It's not like they warp through time ;D xD

RS Productions

• E=mc🌟
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 07:10:06 PM »
I'm now officially ashamed to be on the new batch of testers. I think most of us are patient and polite, and it's unfair we ALL are being taken as annoying people who continuously demand the keys :-[
IMHO there is the same amount of whining coming from both sides, the old and the new testers, complaining about one another.

I totally agree. There are some new testers, like us that are patient and polite. We patient and polite testers don't deserve to be taken as annoying people that are impatient to get the keys.

Estwald

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 07:17:37 PM »
Also, we have no idea how long until the key is out. It's possible that the old alpha testers will find a huge bug that takes a month to fix (and my insanity starts)

Breakfestbacon

• 【American Alpha Tester】
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 07:23:36 PM »
Also, we have no idea how long until the key is out. It's possible that the old alpha testers will find a huge bug that takes a month to fix (and my insanity starts)

The Developers promised that you will get your key in the coming days. Be patient and time will go by quickly.

Cryo

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 11:47:01 AM »
This thread doesn't justify your your lack of impatient behavior at all,l im a tester but im happy to wait. if that mean's GA can make the simulator better then before, my advice would be to find something to keep you busy :)

I totally agree. There are some new testers, like us that are patient and polite. We patient and polite testers don't deserve to be taken as annoying people that are impatient to get the keys.
I feel the same way...

DouglasSiqueira

• Brazilian Alpha Tester
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 06:23:17 PM »
1. To put it bluntly, all the first group of alpha testers had to wait for, was a very buggy early primitive ****ty version of the alpha, that didn't have any cool collisions or smooth climate simulation. Didn't look as good as alpha 7 did. So they had less to look forward to, meaning it was easier to be patient and not go "OMG OMG I WANT THE KEY RIGHT NOW SO I CAN SEE COOL COLLISIONS".

2. I believe that we have had to wait longer than the first group of testers. Not only did we have to wait 3 weeks for the application process to finish, we have had to wait a whole another week for alpha 8 to get released, and now who knows how long it will be until we actually get the steam codes. For all we know, there could be a huge bug found that will take a whole month to get fixed. It's not just waiting, it's also uncertainty.

3. Since the current group of alpha testers has more young kids, and time passes slower for younger ages, they have to wait longer.

4. You could say that we are taking acceptance for granted, but waiting for something is harder than not waiting for anything.

Not all are like that, I think some of Alpha Testers are showing or being better qe others, let them ask what you want because they are not sure, or are anxious to Alpha 8 as I do, but I hope come on Monday 11/08/14