Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gamma Ray Bursts and Mass Ecretion  (Read 20106 times)

MightyTorten

Gamma Ray Bursts and Mass Ecretion
« on: August 03, 2014, 08:04:21 AM »
I saw in a recent Alpha video some of the new features in US^2 and it looks fantastic.

Just a few ideas:
1. In the video I watched, there was a black hole placed next to a large star and there was no accretion from the star that would be expected if a black hole was next to a star. Would it be possible to get the black hole to suck mass from the star into a disk around it?
2. I also saw some graphic options, "pixel" style etc., and it looks really promising. I'm thinking of an option to toggle what light you're looking at the simulation in. EG, if you're looking at the solar system in "Visible" mode, everything would be the same. However, change it to U.V mode and suddenly, the planets become more or less invisible and the sun looks very bright as it emits a lot of U.V light. Another idea is that when it's in "Microwave" mode, you can see the CBMR in the background. Or if large enough stars go supernova, GRBs coming out from them.

Just a few ideas, feel free to criticise (constructively)

dechireur77

• Alpha Testers :) (I'm French)(and Serbian)March<3
Re: Gamma Ray Bursts and Mass Ecretion
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 08:21:24 AM »
I saw in a recent Alpha video some of the new features in US^2 and it looks fantastic.

Just a few ideas:
1. In the video I watched, there was a black hole placed next to a large star and there was no accretion from the star that would be expected if a black hole was next to a star. Would it be possible to get the black hole to suck mass from the star into a disk around it?
2. I also saw some graphic options, "pixel" style etc., and it looks really promising. I'm thinking of an option to toggle what light you're looking at the simulation in. EG, if you're looking at the solar system in "Visible" mode, everything would be the same. However, change it to U.V mode and suddenly, the planets become more or less invisible and the sun looks very bright as it emits a lot of U.V light. Another idea is that when it's in "Microwave" mode, you can see the CBMR in the background. Or if large enough stars go supernova, GRBs coming out from them.

Just a few ideas, feel free to criticise (constructively)
Sometimes the stars do not get sucked into the black hole, it orbits black hole ...
Ah sorry I misread your idea, yes it would be interested to have an accretion disk.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:31:13 AM by dechireur77 »

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 08:28:59 AM »
I'm such a perv, I misread the title as "Mass Erection (Massive boner)" lol.

The accretion disk is almost possible with the new SPH engine Thomas is working on.

The different wavelength filters, I don't know, maybe we could have a slider for that?

DouglasSiqueira

• Brazilian Alpha Tester
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 09:12:44 AM »
Universe Sandbox ² seems to be Amazing and Fun, should change very much to see the Astronomy ;D

DaniheltheMage

• Ayy lmao
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 10:02:45 AM »
I would love to see the Black hole accretion, just seeing the star being sucked into the black hole, and also, the MASSIVE x-ray pulses that come out of the black hole while it is devouring a star. Speaking of X-rays, there should be a planet destroyer, just a giant x-ray blast that blows up a planet.

Eras

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 06:07:21 PM »
It will be awesome too create an accretion disk around the star and see how the planets will form and the system evolve!

dechireur77

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:30 AM »
It will be awesome too create an accretion disk around the star and see how the planets will form and the system evolve!
Yes it would be nice.

Geers

• If you try hard you crash hard
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 12:36:47 AM »
I'd love to see a wavelength slider.

EDIT THE TITLE SOMEONE PLEASE. IT'S TOO EASY TO MISREAD.

Xriqxa

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 01:06:41 AM »
Yes it would be nice.
I would love to see the Black hole accretion, just seeing the star being sucked into the black hole, and also, the MASSIVE x-ray pulses that come out of the black hole while it is devouring a star. Speaking of X-rays, there should be a planet destroyer, just a giant x-ray blast that blows up a planet.
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY ALL OF THESE ARE (almost)ALREADY POSSIBLE!!!

X-Ray blasts do not annihalate planets, they destroy the life on it (If it's carbon based and does not have any natural protection against the Xray wavelength.

I'd love to see a wavelength slider.

EDIT THE TITLE SOMEONE PLEASE. IT'S TOO EASY TO MISREAD.
Also an option to increase or decrease the size of the sliding part of the slider, to occupy more of the spectrum so we can have combined wavelength sight. Also, I've always wanted to know what it'd be like to see the universe like a Mantis Shrimp does:
http://youtu.be/glOsvm9t7ec
Also maybe an ability to turn on the different polarization a of light?

dechireur77

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 02:19:03 AM »
These are gamma ray destroy a planet when a star explodes.
When a star explodes (supernova) it releases "Gamma Rays" that destroy the planet in orbit around it.
This is not the "X-rays" that destroy planet.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:25:03 AM by dechireur77 »

Xriqxa

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 02:41:24 AM »
The nearby planets aren't destroyed by the gamma rays, they are destroyed by the enormous wave of gas and dust that blows all their matter way, leaving a large cloud. Remember, gamma rays are just photons (light particles), which, unless concentrated into a laser, can't destroy anything much but the carbon bonds in our DNA.

dechireur77

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 02:52:48 AM »
The nearby planets aren't destroyed by the gamma rays, they are destroyed by the enormous wave of gas and dust that blows all their matter way, leaving a large cloud. Remember, gamma rays are just photons (light particles), which, unless concentrated into a laser, can't destroy anything much but the carbon bonds in our DNA.
No!! Gamma rays destroy everything that is a distance 200 light years. For info gamma rays are used from the industry to destroy objects, viruses ect(Or even insects.) .. (the radius gamma are much more power than the x-ray)
start of gamma rays **
Gamma rays are produced when a star explodes in black hole.
It produces antimatter that will collide with the particles of matter which will create a huge amount of energy (Gamma Rays)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:08:26 AM by dechireur77 »

Xriqxa

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 03:05:59 AM »
200 light years? Where did you get this info? A comic book? Such factors are determined by photon output, intensity, range of electronvolts, distribution, energy variation, direction, etc. etc.

They are used to destroy viruses because they don't destroy viruses, it just breaks the chemical bonds in their R/DNA. Objects? I'm sure they are using concentrated gamma ray beams.

Everything else you said is astronomically incorrect. It is common knowledge in astronomy that Gamma rays are just high energy light and doesn't "destroy" anything.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:10:10 AM by Xriqxa »

dechireur77

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 03:30:03 AM »
200 light years? Where did you get this info? A comic book? Such factors are determined by photon output, intensity, range of electronvolts, distribution, energy variation, direction, etc. etc.

They are used to destroy viruses because they don't destroy viruses, it just breaks the chemical bonds in their R/DNA. Objects? I'm sure they are using concentrated gamma ray beams.

Everything else you said is astronomically incorrect. It is common knowledge in astronomy that Gamma rays are just high energy light and doesn't "destroy" anything.
Gamma rays do not destroy the planet. they are produced when a star explodes (supernova) black hole. to moment particles of antimatter is created and they collide with particles of matter which creates a huge amount of energy that will destroy planets.
The gamma rays do not destroy planets there are produced during this phenomenon.

gamma rays create antimatter particles will collide with the particles of matter which will create energy. <----I'm not sure about that.

EDIT:the electron collides with antimatter particles.  at this moment he creates the gamma rays.*
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:46:25 AM by dechireur77 »

Xriqxa

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 03:39:17 AM »
/).- I just said that Gamma Rays don't destroy anything. 

Getting back to the topic, I hope that the wavelength filter is included (I don't think our generation even knows that there are other forms of light that we can't see (would be good to include because US2 is an educational program))

dechireur77

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 03:50:17 AM »
/).- I just said that Gamma Rays don't destroy anything. 

Getting back to the topic, I hope that the wavelength filter is included (I don't think our generation even knows that there are other forms of light that we can't see (would be good to include because US2 is an educational program))
Yes. the gamma rays destroy  living cells...
ionizing radiation

Xriqxa

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 03:54:10 AM »
How many times must I tell you? They detach the carbon atoms (in the DNA/RNA) which breaks down the NA. The cell can no longer operate and dies. It doesn't turn it into oblivion.

Now can we please get back on topic before we derail this thread (if we haven't already)?

Maybe we can also have different vision filters? Like have cat eyes (less sensitivity to light, better ability to see in the dark, wide field of vision), shark eyes (sees in black and white), bird eyes (warped vision (a sort of central fish eye effect (look it up on buzzfeed))).  Or just hexagonal lenses on human eyes (don't know what the use of this is, teaching people about how light can be distorted in an infinite variation of ways?)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:38:06 AM by Xriqxa »

Unnamed25

• o hai
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 10:00:29 AM »

Gamma rays do not destroy the planet. they are produced when a star explodes (supernova) black hole. to moment particles of antimatter is created and they collide with particles of matter which creates a huge amount of energy that will destroy planets.
The gamma rays do not destroy planets there are produced during this phenomenon.

gamma rays create antimatter particles will collide with the particles of matter which will create energy. <----I'm not sure about that.

EDIT:the electron collides with antimatter particles.  at this moment he creates the gamma rays.*

Rotfl you just contradicted your self
"Gamma rays that destroy the planet around it"
"The gamma rays do not destroy planets"

Xriqxa

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 10:05:34 AM »

lol ikr?

Anyway, your "theory (it is so wrong that I have to call it a theory)" of electrons smashing into anitmatter causing Gamma Rays is wrong, or at least, not full.

When any form of ordinary matter comes into contact with anti-matter, they annihilate each other with a massive explosion as well as many wavelengths of light, not just gamma rays. 

Check your facts before correcting people.   

dechireur77

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 10:26:27 AM »

lol ikr?

Anyway, your "theory (it is so wrong that I have to call it a theory)" of electrons smashing into anitmatter causing Gamma Rays is wrong, or at least, not full.

When any form of ordinary matter comes into contact with anti-matter, they annihilate each other with a massive explosion as well as many wavelengths of light, not just gamma rays. 

Check your facts before correcting people.
You talking to me? I correct myself.. gamma rays do not destroy planets.
The gamma rays are produced when electrons collide with antimatter.
In the same way That gamma rays are  produced on the Following  phenomenon:
Hypernova, Supernova (sometimes), Pulsar (Neutron Star) Gamma rays are also used in medicine: PET-CT diagnostic antimatter, and also the only That Allows device to observe the activity of our cells with great precision. In the brain.
"electron" collides with "positron" which Produces "Photon"
  éléctron---/collide\---positron(anti-électron)--->Production Photon.
The electron to the lowest mass of all the charged particle.

The photon is associated particle electromagnetic waves, radio waves to gamma rays passing through the visible light.

"Here the effect of gamma rays on man and other animals ect ..
ionizing radiation, such as burns (deterministic effect), cancers and genetic mutations."

http://www.larecherche.fr/sites/larecherche.fr/files/content/system/media/tepphoton.png
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89lectron#mediaviewer/Fichier:Pairproduction-fr.svg

Composition of cosmic rays: It is primarily consisting for its proton portion (86%) and helium nuclei (11%), the remainder consisting of electrons of different nuclei (nuclei of atoms) as well as trace amounts of light antimatter (antiprotons and positrons). The neutral portion is itself made ​​up of gamma and neutrino.

It is also possible to create "photon" thanks to the following means:
electronic transition.
nuclear transition.
annihilation of particle-antiparticle pairs.

The energy produced from the collision of matter and antimatter and proportional to the mass of the particles.
 E=mc2..

Because the entire mass will be converted into energy.
GRBs( Gamma-ray bursts ) are a possible mass extinction on Earth cause.  that a gamma-ray burst occurring within 6500 light years around the Earth could cause a depletion of the ozone layer.

Sorry if I added a little too ^^
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:06:32 PM by dechireur77 »

dechireur77

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 01:13:08 PM »
Xriqxa.

You have nothing to teach me about antimatter, the photon, or even gamma rays at present I think I know more than you.
Unless you did know all these things that I wrote... ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:09:59 PM by dechireur77 »

Unnamed25

• o hai
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 02:56:27 PM »
Don't claim you corrected yourself when you were corrected.
(Unless it's a typo thing "made" by english not being your main language,if so, my bad.)

dechireur77

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 01:34:04 AM »
Don't claim you corrected yourself when you were corrected.
(Unless it's a typo thing "made" by english not being your main language,if so, my bad.)
I not have the right to correct me?
With the last text I wrote some people who do not understand the gamma rays will now be able to figure out. And as said Xriqxa Colliding electron and positron do not necessarily creates gamma rays.
The photon is electromagnetic particle Associated waves, radio waves to gamma rays passing through the visible light.
The electron to the lowest mass of all the charged particle.

Xriqxa

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 01:42:55 AM »
Xriqxa.

You have nothing to teach me about antimatter, the photon, or even gamma rays at present I think I know more than you.
HAHAHA no. I knew about everything you said, and even a little more. I also identified the (many) errors you made.

Not to offend, but honestly, you have a LOT to learn about gamma rays.

dechireur77

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 01:59:11 AM »
Xriqxa.

HAHAHA no. I knew about everything you said, and even a little more. I also identified the (many) errors you made.

Tell me my mistakes.  expected.
I all check.

WitheHole18

• Nothing is created, nothing is destroyed.
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 02:04:32 AM »
Why?
They were not fighting.

Lord DC

• Omnitae - Leader of Omnipotencia
    • Steam profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2014, 02:07:49 AM »
^Well gamma rays arent simulated in US2, yet, so there's no need to debate about it now.

dechireur77

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 02:11:45 AM »
I await Xriqxa tell me my mistakes.
Because I do not deceive myself I check everything. (the collision of electrons with positrons does not necessarily create gamma rays.) I know.

dechireur77

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 03:45:02 AM »
Xriqxa.

I still know some thing about gamma rays... it's just that I'm tired of writing and much ^ ^
Information and there are no errors in the final text that I wrote. Maximum it lacks precision.

EDIT: In the first image, ignore the "Fluor 18".only use it for harvesting facilter given with the machine: PET-CT

Well, let's stop here.

Xriqxa

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 04:24:27 AM »
Errors:

1. Gamma rays don't destroy anything.
2. Gamma rays don't destroy cells, the kill them via DNA breakdown.
3. You copy pasted something from a website and passed it off as your own (I know because the englidh in it is different).

But yes, I would like to stop here.