Which game do you guys like the most?

US 3 (US 2 Alpha)
18 (78.3%)
US 2
2 (8.7%)
US 1
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: When will US2 be released/do we get our alpha codes?  (Read 63976 times)

sohappy

• Bulgarian US2 Alpha Tester.
Re: Are you sure that is truth?
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2014, 10:54:01 AM »
I know.. Every new alpha tester is so excited to play USBOX 2 after "Giant Army" give us the codes. I really hope it will be soon. Maybe 1-2 weeks like they said

Breakfestbacon

• 【American Alpha Tester】
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2014, 12:15:33 PM »
Remember they chose you because you're supposed to test it. Not just play it for fun as an early version of the game for free.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:15:07 PM by Breakfestbacon »

dechireur77

• Alpha Testers :) (I'm French)(and Serbian)March<3
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2014, 12:45:15 PM »
Remember they chose you because you're supposed to test it. Not play it for fun as an early version of the game for free.
Some tend to forget....

Estwald

Re: How much are we?
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »
offend people who didn't get accepted.

This is why we are obligated to post many screenshots and videos, to be fair to those who didn't get accepted.

Remember they chose you because you're supposed to test it. Not play it for fun as an early version of the game for free.

Who says we can't still have fun with it? In between each bug report, you can play around with collisions. Besides, you find bugs by PLAYING it, doing every possible thing that can be done in the game (and also doing crazy stuff that would cause bugs)

And based on GA's history of delaying releases, don't get too excited because the steam codes could be released even more than a week later.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:38:10 PM by Estwald »

Breakfestbacon

• My Tumblr
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2014, 02:14:13 PM »

Who says we can't still have fun with it? In between each bug report, you can play around with collisions. Besides, you find bugs by PLAYING it, doing every possible thing that can be done in the game (and also doing crazy stuff that would cause bugs)

I never said that having fun wasn't allowed. I'm saying that it looks like he just wants to play the game just to play it early. And that isn't what Alpha testing is. I love playing it and breaking it. He shouldn't make it sound like all he wants to do is play it.

Enraged Plantera

• 10,000 Hours into Gaming.
    • Youtube
Re: 2 weeks?
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2014, 02:32:59 PM »
When is this darn game coming out.  >:(

Unnamed25

• o hai
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2014, 02:51:37 PM »
When is this darn game coming out.  >:(
Rotfl "10,000 hours into gaming"
And WHEN ITS FINISHED

Lovechild

• meow
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2014, 03:03:53 PM »
There are 100 Alpha testers and a little over 450 rejects. Please read before making useless threads like this (It was said in the email that Giant Army sent you.) And Please take this thread down because it might offend people who didn't get accepted.
you know, there's a term for what you do: backseat modding.

it's usually used as an insult for people who think they should be running things but aren't. there are usually rules against it.

<backseat mod> please make a rule against backseat modding </backseat mod>

Breakfestbacon

• My Tumblr
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2014, 03:12:07 PM »
They want to wait until they release Alpha 8. Once they release Alpha 8 to us testers, we will check to see if it is stable and if it is, we will let the devs know. Once they are informed that the build is stable, they will send out steam codes to all the new alpha testers. Trust me, all of the testers from the first sign up had to wait also. It wasn't 2 weeks, but I recall the wait being about a week or so. Be patient and the 2 weeks will fly by fast. :)
EDIT: I was sent the code exactly 7 days after I was accepted into the Alpha.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:38:44 PM by Breakfestbacon »

Breakfestbacon

• My Tumblr
Re: I really hope...
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2014, 03:51:46 PM »
Can't forget the graphical issue where planets and other bodies glow very bright when zoomed all the way out or all the way in. This kind of ties in with the trails bug with the gas giants.

Estwald

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 02:58:40 PM by Estwald »

DaniheltheMage

• Ayy lmao
Yes.

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
"Y'all ready for this?"

My answer: yes!

On a serious note, bug hunting should be interesting. *pulls out magnifying glass*

Breakfestbacon

• My Tumblr
"Y'all ready for this?"

On a serious note, bug hunting should be interesting. *pulls out magnifying glass*

Bug hunting is very interesting indeed! The best part is finding how to break the game, and that's really fun!

The Ventifact

• I am the Creator...
"Y'all ready for this?"

Bug hunting is very interesting indeed! The best part is finding how to break the game, and that's really fun!

The first Universe Sandbox had a tendency to crash when I got a little carried away with spawning hundreds of bodies. I guess we'll find out how much US2 can take. But I have a feeling that depends on how much you GPU can handle before the game crashes.

For example, someone with a less powerful graphics card might only be able to handle 200 bodies before crashing. Whereas, someone with a more powerful graphics card might be able to take 400 or 500 bodies before crashing. I guess that's why we're testing. :D

Breakfestbacon

• My Tumblr
Exactly! I believe this is why there was a second sing-up. For more diversity in the testing. That or there weren't enough bug reports from our first group. Which makes this second group very important!

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2014, 12:18:17 AM »
That's not what I am intending to do. I'm sorry if I appear like a backseat mod.

I'm just very annoyed with the uselessness (my opinion so shut up) of the posts we are getting recently. This thread is very useless because:
1. This question was answered in the email.
2. This is actually very offensive to rejects.
3. Are you seriously questioning GA's honesty?
4. Why would this be a lie, anyway? What would they gain out of telling everyone "Oh, 500 people signed up!"?
5. Of course this is the truth! It's a second Alpha signup! I actually expected MORE people to apply.

Mrclimix

• The cosmos is nearly in our grasp of manipulating
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2014, 12:41:48 AM »
If they released the alpha at this point you would either help us or play it without even caring for the glitches and bugs that is currently in the game

Mrclimix

• The cosmos is nearly in our grasp of manipulating
So true
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2014, 12:49:57 AM »
That's not what I am intending to do. I'm sorry if I appear like a backseat mod.

I'm just very annoyed with the uselessness (my opinion so shut up) of the posts we are getting recently. This thread is very useless because:
1. This question was answered in the email.
2. This is actually very offensive to rejects.
3. Are you seriously questioning GA's honesty?
4. Why would this be a lie, anyway? What would they gain out of telling everyone "Oh, 500 people signed up!"?
5. Of course this is the truth! It's a second Alpha signup! I actually expected MORE people to apply.

This is true i approve this message even though i'm only a member on this forum.....
SO TRUE

dechireur77

« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2014, 01:56:57 AM »
The usefulness of a forum? Ask questions. Maybe some did not want to look for, maybe than some just do not have of the time...
It is true that by dint of hearing the same issues few edgy that's life..

Universip

• Universe Sandbox² is AWESOME !
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2014, 03:43:31 AM »
It's hard to ignore all the bug listed above.

Xriqxa

« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2014, 04:27:52 AM »
Don't have the time? To read the short email? Yet they can read "accepted", "Steam key", "soon", and "1 week" /).-

Yes, the purpose of a forum is questions, but I mean really (at this thread).

dechireur77

« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2014, 05:24:45 AM »
Don't have the time? To read the short email? Yet they can read "accepted", "Steam key", "soon", and "1 week" /).-

Yes, the purpose of a forum is questions, but I mean really (at this thread).
I'm not talking about this, I talking to idea of and information on Universe Sandbox2..
Some do not have the time to check the idea of other people .. may be
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 05:41:17 AM by dechireur77 »

xetalim

Oh you Americans, when will you learn that you spell humour with an U?

Anyway, I think I am going to have quite some fun with the game, especially the break-the-game part.

Xriqxa

« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2014, 06:37:24 AM »
1. I'm not sure I understand. They don't have enought time to look at the other threads, yet they have enough time to make their own? It takes more time to write than read, so your argument is invalid.
2. @ your new post about Gamma Rays: I've read a lot of astronomy books, and just about all of them contain something about gamma rays. I read that part. A lot.

"I don't think I made a mistake."

Don't get cocky now, everything I read in the books contradicts your post. What are you going to believe? A published, revised, a authorized physical education material, or an online post?

The internet is a liar. Don't be naive.

Being back to the topic, please lock this thread. I don't see the point of it anymore.

RS Productions

• E=mc🌟
Hell ya! Let's do this! Sherlock Holmes Style!

Xriqxa

Oh you Americans, when will you learn that you spell humour with an U?

Anyway, I think I am going to have quite some fun with the game, especially the break-the-game part.
When we evolve into British pplz.

dechireur77

« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2014, 07:12:22 AM »
1. I'm not sure I understand. They don't have enought time to look at the other threads, yet they have enough time to make their own? It takes more time to write than read, so your argument is invalid.
2. @ your new post about Gamma Rays: I've read a lot of astronomy books, and just about all of them contain something about gamma rays. I read that part. A lot.

"I don't think I made a mistake."

Don't get cocky now, everything I read in the books contradicts your post. What are you going to believe? A published, revised, a authorized physical education material, or an online post?

The internet is a liar. Don't be naive.

Being back to the topic, please lock this thread. I don't see the point of it anymore.
I take 3 minutes to write a response and several tens of minutes to read artcile on the forum ..

Very well, very well. But as I said I'm waiting your explanation of the gamma rays.  give  answers with no explanation. For now you give me answers without explanation, while contradicting me.

Yes I also read beacoup and I look hugely documentary.
It is unlikely for you to know something  science, that I know of not...

Because you have only 12 years old at that age you do not know at school .. "numerical computation (operations on integers in decimal notation, integer exponent power on ...)"  But maybe you know.
Ignore what I wrote. And give your explanation of the gamma rays. Because at the moment you made ​​that contradict me without giving me the answer constructif.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:26:16 AM by dechireur77 »

Xriqxa

« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2014, 07:30:29 AM »
Most forum posts a are less than a paragraph long, even than the idea threads. It takes me a few seconds to read posts.

Excuse me? This is the kind of behavior that got you banned from XGT. This has to be the most arrogant post on the forum.

Because you have only 12 years old at that age you do not know at school .. "numerical computation (operations on integers in decimal notation, integer exponent power on ...)"  But maybe you know.

Age discrimination.

The dumbest kid in my class can do decimals. I could do them when I was 9.

And on top of that, for your information, I am the school's official:
http://youtu.be/2NucTKsif8U

dechireur77

« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2014, 07:49:56 AM »
Most forum posts a are less than a paragraph long, even than the idea threads. It takes me a few seconds to read posts.

Excuse me? This is the kind of behavior that got you banned from XGT. This has to be the most arrogant post on the forum.

Age discrimination.

The dumbest kid in my class can do decimals. I could do them when I was 9.

And on top of that, for your information, I am the school's official:
http://youtu.be/2NucTKsif8U
Banish me XGT, if I send my request to be a alpha test is to assist the development And not to be in at group closed circle..
The Discrimination by age? Because to tell you the truth equivalent to the Discrimination. We do not live in the same country programs Learning are different.
And finally I'm sorry I was arrogant. People do not have the rights to have flaws?
I was arrogant because you are  given to contradict me without explanation and I quite perturbed..

You're pretty immature of me banned from XGT for this reason, we do not-have the right to-have different way of thinking to the saint of the group?You evidence of discrimination by doing this.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:56:32 AM by dechireur77 »