Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Please guys, no.  (Read 5766 times)

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
Please guys, no.
« on: July 02, 2014, 12:41:18 PM »
I've noticed how a lot of new users have been joining to ask for the Alpha. I think it's unfair for people to be able to come and ask for something that has been so devoted to for free, when others, like me, have either gotten the Alpha fairly(via the signup) and are using it like a real tester(searching for bugs, doing crazy stuff to find glitches) or have been patiently waiting to buy it and helping the US2 community. As Thomas(or Dan or Chris or Chad- can't remember) said, there is no planned second Alpha signup. And that's smart, considering that US2 is almost out. What's the point in adding more testers when there are already ~10 active testers who properly use the Alpha when it's almost done? And anyway, some months ago a user begged for the Alpha so much that Dan gave it to him. I'm still waiting for him to come back to the forum to prove that he was actually devoted to testing. I don't want that to happen again, it's sad.

That said, there are other users who come to the forum to tell Dan to revert back to his promise of the "Big-Update".  Please consider that Dan has added many new people to the team and this is their job now; if you don't buy it, they all have to find new companies, and that means no more Universe Sandbox. So please, do it for them. This isn't an update, this is a new game. Look at all the improvements! You can't expect to get that for free, can you? Oh wait, I meant to mention that that's the reason why people want it as the "Big Update"; they don't want to pay, even though they can. This is also the reason for Alpha wannabes.

And then there are pirates. And torrent hunters. Guys, would you want your life's work stolen from you?

But, if you are in unfavourable financial conditions, you can pirate. Why? Because it's actually a learning program, so you can use it to educate yourself so you can get a good job as an adult and be able to contribute to this awesome stuff without hardship.

Thank you for reading, I hope y'all understand.

WitheHole18

• Nothing is created, nothing is destroyed.
Re: Please guys, no.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »
I've noticed how a lot of new users have been joining to ask for the Alpha. I think it's unfair for people to be able to come and ask for something that has been so devoted to for free, when others, like me, have either gotten the Alpha fairly(via the signup) and are using it like a real tester(searching for bugs, doing crazy stuff to find glitches) or have been patiently waiting to buy it and helping the US2 community. As Thomas(or Dan or Chris or Chad- can't remember) said, there is no planned second Alpha signup. And that's smart, considering that US2 is almost out. What's the point in adding more testers when there are already ~10 active testers who properly use the Alpha when it's almost done? And anyway, some months ago a user begged for the Alpha so much that Dan gave it to him. I'm still waiting for him to come back to the forum to prove that he was actually devoted to testing. I don't want that to happen again, it's sad.

That said, there are other users who come to the forum to tell Dan to revert back to his promise of the "Big-Update".  Please consider that Dan has added many new people to the team and this is their job now; if you don't buy it, they all have to find new companies, and that means no more Universe Sandbox. So please, do it for them. This isn't an update, this is a new game. Look at all the improvements! You can't expect to get that for free, can you? Oh wait, I meant to mention that that's the reason why people want it as the "Big Update"; they don't want to pay, even though they can. This is also the reason for Alpha wannabes.

And then there are pirates. And torrent hunters. Guys, would you want your life's work stolen from you?

But, if you are in unfavourable financial conditions, you can pirate. Why? Because it's actually a learning program, so you can use it to educate yourself so you can get a good job as an adult and be able to contribute to this awesome stuff without hardship.

Thank you for reading, I hope y'all understand.
Right Xriqxa.absolutely right

Retsof

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 05:53:07 PM »
... I can't believe this of all things is what finally got me to make an account.  Anyhow I think you may be seeing people worse than they are.  When I see all the neat features and things the testers are playing with, it's like you're eating a nice bowl of ice-cream in front of me and telling me I can't have any yet.  ... most people will see this and ignore the fact that said ice-cream hasn't set yet and is still a bit runny  ;D.

As for cost... I'll admit $30 seems a little steep(I guess Steam has spoiled me), especially as the game is in alpha ... so I can see why they'd prefer more people to get a full-priced finished game than selling Alpha access for a discount or something.

arthurcara

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 06:34:37 PM »
I agree with both of you Xriqxa and Retsof to some extent.

Xriqxa is right to say that people can't simply beg to get Universe Sandbox and actually get it for free. If Dan truly gave the alpha game to someone that simply begged for the game, that was a mistake in my opinion (only if he has JUST begged for it, and done nothing else). Alpha testers who have fairly got the game (and are helping the US team with bug detecting and game improving) should really complain about that. The game should't be given for free to someone that simply wants to have the game.
But, if that person promised to help the US team with game testing, he/she should have it, since he/she is actually "working" for the US team. It is the US team's job to judge who is capable or not of being an alpha tester, and we should not complain about it unless the chosen person is doing nothing to help the game development. It is true the team can't know for sure if the person will help, but AGAIN, it is not our job to judge the tester.

Retsof said it right, 'it's like you're eating a nice bowl of ice-cream in front of me and telling me I can't have any yet'.  Everyone wants this awesome game and if someone is willing to help the game development to have it, i cannot see harm in it.

Sorry for being redundant. I hope you understand my point of view and believe Universe Sandbox team's judgement.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 06:39:52 PM by arthurcara »

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 06:34:06 PM »
chillax bro

Xriqxa

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »
... I can't believe this of all things is what finally got me to make an account.  Anyhow I think you may be seeing people worse than they are.  When I see all the neat features and things the testers are playing with, it's like you're eating a nice bowl of ice-cream in front of me and telling me I can't have any yet.  ... most people will see this and ignore the fact that said ice-cream hasn't set yet and is still a bit runny  ;D.

As for cost... I'll admit $30 seems a little steep(I guess Steam has spoiled me), especially as the game is in alpha ... so I can see why they'd prefer more people to get a full-priced finished game than selling Alpha access for a discount or something.
I am your Glaux, then.

Anyhow, I am seeing and describing all these pesky organics the way they are.

Gabriel, I was chilled the whole time.

Hati Hroovitnisson

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 03:53:05 PM »
I'd certainly pay for alpha access, I don't even think the alpha owners should get the game for free like it seems they will. I'm not in the circle so I don't know (or have much to post about). Hopefully people aren't going to milk the alpha for free game access.

A . M . O

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 06:49:40 AM »
if i get the alpha , in the day universe sandbox 2 launch , i going to delete it , because universe sandbox 2 gona be amazing , or probrably delete it in my 100th bug report , probrably both :) :)

DaniheltheMage

• Ayy lmao
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 10:16:51 AM »
Why would you delete it?

A . M . O

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 04:10:19 PM »
because dont make sense help a game being an alpha tester after the game alredy been released released , probraly delete it on the next alpha , IF have an next alpha , or beta

DaniheltheMage

• Ayy lmao
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 10:25:12 PM »
Why would you delete it on the next alpha update? It updates automatically .-.

A . M . O

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 06:54:36 AM »
Why would you delete it on the next alpha update? It updates automatically .-.
im new on this , i dont know thaat this happens... but i stilll delete it on game release

Xriqxa

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 07:16:30 AM »
When the game gets released, the Alpha will auto update to it for free.

A . M . O

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 04:19:52 PM »
sorry , i didn t know tht , now i fell bad for make the alpha signup that is free :(

BlackMane

• this account has seen all of my cringe phases oof
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 02:17:34 PM »
Lemme say I've been a lurker on this forum for quite some time now. I had no account once I realized that I could potentially get my hands on a alpha copy I took my chance and made an account. :p

FiahOwl

• This is, to give a dog and in recompense desire my dog again.
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 02:00:15 PM »

This message is only viewable with Universe Sandbox Galaxy Edition. Access it and much more with promo-code '128617'.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 02:21:01 AM by FiahOwl »

tuto99

• Baba Booey
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 02:20:44 PM »
Lemme say I've been a lurker on this forum for quite some time now. I had no account once I realized that I could potentially get my hands on a alpha copy I took my chance and made an account. :p
That's like saying you signed up on this forum just so you can get a chance to play with the alpha, and potentially not doing anything helpful.

dechireur77

• Alpha Testers :) (I'm French)(and Serbian)March<3
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 02:32:46 PM »
That's like saying you signed up on this forum just so you can get a chance to play with the alpha, and potentially not doing anything helpful.
it makes  more than a year I expected the alpha and it is possible that I would not selected .. :'( To participate in the development of my favorite game.
People who have registered just to play and not to help "GA" to improve game their annoys me, but hey that's life.
Good luck to everyone.