Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Some ideas...  (Read 2271 times)

Vince77

Some ideas...
« on: June 22, 2014, 06:24:50 AM »
Here are some ideas that I have and that I hope will be included in US² :

1) Atmosphere-Ocean color changing
Dan said that this feature will be included in the final game, but, take for example Earth's atmosphere, she is blue because she have a specific composition, let's change it to :
Carbon dioxide    : 96.0%
Argon : 2.1%
Nitrogen : 1.9%
Oxygen : 0.145%
Carbon monoxide : 0.0557%
Now you have the same, red atmosphere of Mars ! ;D
The same thing would apply to oceans.

2) Atmosphere Basic Proprieties
You find the atmosphere of your planet too low/high ? Let's change her scale ! And also, I can't help but it look like the gas giants doesn't have an atmosphere  :'( ! (Does someone with the alpha can confirm this ?)

3) Procedural Cloud/Cloud Type
The cloud in US² (no offence) doesn't look very realistic, I have solution to make the cloud a little more realistic but I don't know if it hard to code, imagine we have the Earth (without clouds)
For add the cloud we add a 2nd sphere and on this sphere, there the clouds forming, moving, changing, randomly...

Bla

• Global Moderator
  • The stars died so you can live.
Re: Some ideas...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 06:38:19 AM »
Idea 1 sounds cool. Idea 2 would ultimately be determined by the mass, volume of the planet and composition of the atmosphere, and in most cases atmospheres of planets will look extremely thin compared to the entire planet, but maybe. 3: I agree think procedural clouds as an option on all planets would be cool.

About 2:
Tested this in the video here. It looks like they don't have a volumetric atmosphere, but it also seems like some sort of light scattering effects are applied to objects outside (not sure if that is intentional), and that the inside of the planet gets darker gradually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXK4QE3-Nis

valentin123

• Argentinian alpha tester
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 01:18:58 PM »
Idea 1 sounds cool. Idea 2 would ultimately be determined by the mass, volume of the planet and composition of the atmosphere, and in most cases atmospheres of planets will look extremely thin compared to the entire planet, but maybe. 3: I agree think procedural clouds as an option on all planets would be cool.

About 2:
Tested this in the video here. It looks like they don't have a volumetric atmosphere, but it also seems like some sort of light scattering effects are applied to objects outside (not sure if that is intentional), and that the inside of the planet gets darker gradually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXK4QE3-Nis
Thats just the trails glitching out,happens to me too

Vince77

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 07:16:09 AM »
I've heard somewhere that only the Earth does have a climate simulation, will the other other will have a climate simulation in the future ?