Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Basic Troubleshooting  (Read 83653 times)

C7

• Development Team
Basic Troubleshooting
« on: June 21, 2014, 07:49:23 PM »
If you're having trouble with startup, see our basic troubleshooting guide.

Or see a full list of self-help topics on our Support page.

If you're still having trouble, start a new topic and describe your issue!

We'll likely ask you to send in your log, so get a head start and follow these instructions to email us your log. Or if you'd prefer, you can share the log as an attachment to your post.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:20:35 PM by Jar »

smjjames

Re: Support and Bug Reporting
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 09:38:50 PM »
Thanks for the tips. The feedback window is nice, but it's kind of hard to put stuff like the logs up there and it's easier to make a long detailed bug report in a forum post than that (IMO).

Anyways, currently the orbital properties settings are really uncooperative currently and most of them can only increase. I'll make a post about that tomorrow maybe.

A . M . O

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 06:43:39 AM »
i dont have a steam library :(....

Mrclimix

• The cosmos is nearly in our grasp of manipulating
Install Steam
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 06:34:44 AM »

Install steam you could download it on store.steampowered or just search on how to download steam it's pretty easy actually.

DouglasSiqueira

• Brazilian Alpha Tester
Re: Install Steam
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 06:30:17 PM »

Install steam you could download it on store.steampowered or just search on how to download steam it's pretty easy actually.

my mild ! 8)

OmcStr

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 06:07:31 AM »
Hello,

I have a problem and can't slove it.
Cant save simulations, because after load i have only one item (one star or one planet, firstly placed).
The another thing, if loading this star from my save, i have a big black mask in front of star.
Tryed reinstal.

Using: Ubuntu 14.10 /Steam
Normal the Performance index: 17 vaule on  i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz × 8 & 2GB VRAM?
Whats the problem?

Player log:
https://mega.co.nz/#!2UojnZyA!qYn7ItQLZzicMrnuQY93wtsg9tdP9u8tb4RcIs7qOd4

Test map (saved: one star + one orbiting planet):
https://mega.co.nz/#!vNYilSzL!9yJDyU5DoiO5kYxoQN1WsecARXClZyM8AjPSvA_W7_o

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 08:40:50 AM »
The saving feature is very much a work in progress right now. As we continually change the code during Alpha it tends to break saves from time to time. I'll look into the issue, as we might have a problem with serialization on Linux and I'd like to rule that out.

nickrulercreator

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 01:35:51 PM »
Hello, I have just recently played US2, and a new bug came up when I updated it to Alpha 14.1. The background, with other stars, all of the sudden makes black and white lines, or also weird patterns. Here is a photo. If you can help, that would be great. P.S, I tried to quit and restart it, nothing happened.

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2015, 11:47:29 AM »
We'll need to see your error logs after this happens to find out if there's anything going on in the Unity engine to cause that to happen. It appears there's corruption of the video memory and the skybox memory is being filled with other textures.

The most likely cause is driver or hardware issues with your graphics card. What operating system are you on, and what hardware do you have?

If you're on windows the output of dxdiag would be useful as well.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/run-directx-diagnostic-tool

How to find your log files. (You can also use the built in feedback option and choose "attach log file")
http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,12458.0.html

nickrulercreator

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 02:27:00 PM »
We'll need to see your error logs after this happens to find out if there's anything going on in the Unity engine to cause that to happen. It appears there's corruption of the video memory and the skybox memory is being filled with other textures.

The most likely cause is driver or hardware issues with your graphics card. What operating system are you on, and what hardware do you have?

If you're on windows the output of dxdiag would be useful as well.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/run-directx-diagnostic-tool

How to find your log files. (You can also use the built in feedback option and choose "attach log file")
http://universesandbox.com/forum/index.php/topic,12458.0.html

Actually, I am on Mac, and I checked and nothing is wrong with my graphics card. All my other games work fine. If you know any other solutions, that would be great.

C7

• Development Team
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »
It just appears to be texture corruption, but without more information I can't really be sure what's happening. I need to know what exact model of Mac you have, what version of OpenGL, the operating system (and version), along with the drivers you have, to see if it's possible to recreate your issue.

The output of your log files will let me know exactly what's going on. It's possible the textures are set to be too high resolution for your hardware (that skybox is really big). The logs should tell me exactly what's happening though.

Just as a guess, you can try to set the texture resolution to be lower, and bring down the anti-aliasing level to something lower. Both of those options are really intensive on the GPU memory.

To change the settings, go to the home menu in the top left, select the settings tab, and under the video section, change the texture resolution down to something simple, start with low, and set the AntiAliasing to off. Once you apply the settings, restart Universe Sandbox and see if the issue clears up.

If it does help, you can move the settings back up a little bit to see where the issue kicks in. Let me know if that helps out at all, and send those logs over. If you like, you can email them to me at chad@universesandbox.com or send them through the built in support system. (The little star in the top right hand window labeled feedback, be sure to check the bug category and the log file option)

Sending in a performance test would be helpful as well, you can run that through the home menu and select run performance test. After that ends, it will ask if you'd like to submit feedback. You can put in the notes Atten C7, and it will be forwarded to me.

Thanks!

creeperz1211

• Hi?
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 05:07:56 AM »
Um Chad, are you working on my screenshots issue because I sent you a PM and you haven't replied. I have updated my graphics driver to version 535.30 and the issue is still occurring. Please, is there anything else I can do?

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 11:43:53 AM »
Some of the team is taking a little break to recharge after Alpha 15. We'll be back in full force addressing these issues soon.

AidanBionicle1

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 03:02:34 AM »
Hey, um. So I recently got US2 and I am noticing that when smaller object hit larger object, they don't cause craters, why is this? The game does give a little waring about my video memory, though I am unsure if it is related. If someone could try to help me with solving this issue, than please do.

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2015, 05:42:27 AM »
Hey, um. So I recently got US2 and I am noticing that when smaller object hit larger object, they don't cause craters, why is this? The game does give a little waring about my video memory, though I am unsure if it is related. If someone could try to help me with solving this issue, than please do.
You should see a creator once the planet cools down, since the planet's surface is most likely molten the creators won't show up.

gyrotim

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 01:37:15 AM »
Hi, I just bought the game and played around with it for a while. I was clicking around on the different simulations and I clicked on one of the galaxy collision simulations which ran horribly. I couldn't even get the animations to run above 3 FPS and my CPU was at %85 ish usage. (I have an 17-950 series with 3.4Ghz which doesn't struggle with any of my other games what so ever.)

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 10:31:34 AM »
Hi, I just bought the game and played around with it for a while. I was clicking around on the different simulations and I clicked on one of the galaxy collision simulations which ran horribly. I couldn't even get the animations to run above 3 FPS and my CPU was at %85 ish usage. (I have an 17-950 series with 3.4Ghz which doesn't struggle with any of my other games what so ever.)
If you're talking about the sims in Home -> Create -> Galaxies, those seem to be not running too well right now. In short, we have a lot of work to do on galaxies, beyond just performance.

If everything else seems to run okay, then it's probably an issue with the galaxies and not on your computer.

gyrotim

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »
If you're talking about the sims in Home -> Create -> Galaxies, those seem to be not running too well right now. In short, we have a lot of work to do on galaxies, beyond just performance.

If everything else seems to run okay, then it's probably an issue with the galaxies and not on your computer.
Oh, thanks for the info.  :)

gyrotim

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 11:52:08 PM »
Oh, and BTW, how do you remove a planets rings?

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 05:50:15 AM »
Oh, and BTW, how do you remove a planets rings?
You can't.
R.I.P.

eggy

Cannot create Steam account after purchase
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 07:46:03 PM »
I purchased US2 with PayPal, and when I tried to create a Steam account several different times it failed. I am a US citizen living in Indonesia. Does anybody know if Steam has any issues with this? I am so eager to play with US2, but alas, I'll have to wait. Please help!

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 01:19:46 PM »
Sorry for the issue, eggy. I just did a quick search and found this: http://store.steampowered.com/rupiah

So it seems there are many Steam users in Indonesia. Unfortunately we can't help with your Steam account. I recommend contacting their support: https://support.steampowered.com/

KingCole024

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 06:10:26 PM »
 Hello,

I have been having issues with the game for about a month now and I thought it was just a bug that would be patched in Alpha 18. I was wrong... I tried starting the game on my desktop yesterday and everything seemed to be working fine as it was loading until the game kept loading wheel kept spinning but at the bottom of my screen it was stuck on "Creating Solar System". I looked on the internet for help but the only thing that i could find was this same exact bug being reported but it was back in Alpha 14 or 15. They said that in the posts that the bug would be fixed in the next patch for the game. If anyone knows anything to do to help me please e-mail me at kingcolerules@gmail.com or just reply to this post. As of right now I am unable to play the game, every time I try and launch the game this happens and i have to end up restarting my PC in order to access my desktop. I am using Windows 10     

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 09:09:09 PM »
@KingCole024

I'm sorry you're having this problem. Have you sent us your log files?
http://universesandbox.com/support/emaillog
... there seems to be a few of you with this same issue and we definitely want to get it fixed.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2016, 07:43:51 PM »
KingCole, we just released an update, Alpha 18.2c, which should address the specific issue you were seeing. Just let Steam update Universe Sandbox ² then you should be good to go.

Let us know if you're still having any trouble.

DirectX1

Re: Support and Bug Reporting - Distorted Planet Graphics
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 04:59:36 PM »
I am currently running the game on Linux, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Game runs perfect with the exception of some planets looking all distorted.

I have attached screen shots of what I get.

What can I do to fix this? I have reinstalled the game, and I have updated video drivers, still getting the same thing.

I currently use the NVIDIA 760GTX graphics card. Log attached to message also.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:28:40 PM by DirectX1 »

ericburns

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2016, 12:28:27 PM »
I'm getting a bug where if I want to add a galaxy, they all look the same

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2016, 12:40:41 PM »
DirectX1, sorry for the trouble. I've passed your log onto the team. We'll let you know once we have any info or solutions for you.

ericburns, this is a known issue with galaxies. We have a lot of work to do on galaxies still, it's on our to-do list.

dylan

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2016, 06:58:05 AM »
I'm getting a bug where if I want to add a galaxy, they all look the same

that not a bug because every one gets that the team did not add the galaxy texters yet

DirectX1

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2016, 09:43:45 PM »
DirectX1, sorry for the trouble. I've passed your log onto the team. We'll let you know once we have any info or solutions for you.

No worries. I know the game is still in Alpha, so I am not in a hurry for a resolution. I just wanted to make the issue aware.