Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Basic Troubleshooting  (Read 83661 times)

nuclearsheep

Re: Support and Bug Reporting
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2016, 01:44:23 PM »
one glitch i have to deal with is whenever i use the explode tool, the planet becomes some kind of "ghost planet", that doesn't interact with anything and can't be removed. the materials tab reveals that it is completely empty, and i don't want ghosts flying around my system!
does anyone know how to fix this?

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2016, 11:30:52 AM »
Sorry, there's no fix for it until we fix it in a future update! Somewhere between the last two updates the explode tool broke and it slipped past us.

ellivas

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2016, 02:34:04 AM »
Just Purchased US2 yeasterday got home from work went to play and says i must be running steam to play then shuts down, i purchased the game from the steam store and it is in my steam library but game tells me i need to be running steam, what do, please help

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2016, 01:58:22 PM »
Sorry for the trouble, Ellivas.

First, please try restarting your computer. Then start Steam again and make sure it has downloaded all updates. In the Menu bar, click Steam > Check for Steam Client Updates...

Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Nookie

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 06:57:59 AM »
Prior to the June 23 update, I could specify the coordinates of the star(dynamic position) in x, y, and z, but now that I change the coordinate value, it does not change (Only I can enter values of digits without adding to them AU, km, or light year). What's the matter??? I created stars closer to the sun with their coordinates, but now I can not do it
p.s. Sorry for my english, I used google translator

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2017, 06:01:25 PM »
Nookie, thank you for reporting this. I just confirmed that you are correct, the units do not change in the position textbox. I will pass this onto the team.

cs765990

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2017, 01:36:31 PM »
Hello there everyone, I hope you are enjoying experimenting with the alpha versions of Universe Sandbox ².

Please see this post for solutions to common problems and for information on how to report a bug:
Support & Bug Reporting

Or jump right to a topic:
Universe Sandbox ² won't start
How do I report a bug?
I tried all of the solutions, what now?
How do I find my log files (Windows |Mac | Linux)
How do I find my crash files? (Windows | Mac)
The link that doesn't work is this one:
Universe Sandbox ² won't start

Nookie

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2017, 09:53:28 PM »
Forgive me, but you still have not corrected what I wrote above. It used to work, is it really difficult to make it work again?

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2017, 08:10:08 PM »
Forgive me, but you still have not corrected what I wrote above. It used to work, is it really difficult to make it work again?
A fix for this issue was actually just included in our update released earlier today. It should work now... Let us know if you still have issues with it. Thanks for your patience.  :)

Nookie

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2017, 12:09:19 AM »
Yes, thanks, it works.

Nookie

Re: Basic Troubleshooting
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2017, 02:19:29 AM »
After adding about the eightieth object in my simulation, the orbits for the subsequent objects ceased to be displayed.

Cesare

• Universe Sandbox 2 is my favourite simulator.
    • Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2017, 02:09:15 PM »
Please make a list of all the bugs and glitches you find in Universe Sandbox 2, then, hopefully the developers will read out the list of bugs and fix them.

Also don't forget to upload screenshot images of the bugs and glitches you find to make it easier for developers to fix them.

tkulogo

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2017, 05:48:22 AM »
I have the same problem with the orbits in larger simulations. I doesn't mater too much to me because orbits around binary orbital parents are totally wrong anyway.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2017, 09:47:20 AM »
Just keep reporting bugs and glitches you find and include screenshots as well.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2017, 12:15:39 PM »
After adding about the eightieth object in my simulation, the orbits for the subsequent objects ceased to be displayed.

Thanks for reporting this. I've seen other users report similar issues with orbit lines in sims with a lot of objects. Fixing this is on our to-do list, though it will be a little bit more complicated than a simple fix.  :)

Nookie

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2017, 12:52:50 PM »
Okay, I hope you fix it soon, thanks.

Re: Bugs With The Res Of The Game
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2017, 05:42:47 PM »
Hey developers of the game!
i am a non steam user of your game and i discovered a bug that if you put the resolution to 320/420...
the game glitch out and you can´t restore the default options because you can´t access them because the resolution of the game is too small...   >:(

anyway... if its possible please help me this solution.
with care... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA   :P

Ei, desenvolvedores do jogo!
Eu sou um usuário não steam do seu jogo e descobri um bug que se você colocar a resolução em 320/420 ...
o jogo dá erro e você não pode restaurar as opções padrão porque você não pode acessá-las porque a resolução do jogo é muito pequena ...> :(

De qualquer forma ... se for possível, me ajude essa solução.
com cuidado ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA: P

and by the way my version is Non steam and because of that, Updates  will eihter not appear or work.

á e a proposito a minha versão é Non steam logo, Updates Não vão aparecer ou funcionar.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 05:58:06 PM by YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA »

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2017, 07:04:39 PM »
Sorry for the issue! You can force it to show a screen resolution selector before launching.

First, create a shortcut to the application. Then right-click the shortcut and click Properties. In the target field, after the end quote, add -show-screen-selector. Check out the attached screenshot for an example.

Let me know if you're still having an issue.

Desculpe pela questão! Você pode forçá-lo a mostrar um seletor de resolução de tela antes do lançamento.

Primeiro, crie um atalho para o aplicativo. Em seguida, clique com o botão direito do mouse no atalho e clique em Propriedades. No campo de destino, após a citação final, adicione -show-screen-selector. Confira a captura de tela anexada para obter um exemplo.

Deixe-me saber se você ainda está tendo um problema.

tkulogo

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2018, 01:29:02 PM »

Thanks for reporting this. I've seen other users report similar issues with orbit lines in sims with a lot of objects. Fixing this is on our to-do list, though it will be a little bit more complicated than a simple fix.  :)

Any progress on this bug? I understand it's "a little bit more complicated than a simple fix," but it's been a good part of a year since your reply, and I like to be optimistic.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2018, 09:07:56 PM »
There is another very commonly occurring bug. This bug is the water freezing glitch that causes water to always appear frozen, even if planets are 1000s of degrees Celsius. Please fix this bug.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2018, 09:11:57 PM »

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2018, 12:45:51 PM »
Any progress on this bug? I understand it's "a little bit more complicated than a simple fix," but it's been a good part of a year since your reply, and I like to be optimistic.

This issue was put on the back-burner while we worked on other fixes and features. I just brought it up with the team again, and we should have someone taking a look at it again soon.

There is another very commonly occurring bug. This bug is the water freezing glitch that causes water to always appear frozen, even if planets are 1000s of degrees Celsius. Please fix this bug.
We will have improvements & fixes to water, ice, and other temperature-related aspects with the Planet Grids features we are working on.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2018, 12:32:21 AM »
Will this freezing glitch be fixed once it for all? Me and other Universe Sandbox 2 friends get very frustrated with this freezing glitch. Please put this bug on your first list of the most annoying, occurring bugs and fix it as soon as you can.

Jar

• Developer
    • Universe Sandbox
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2018, 12:32:27 PM »

Just wanted to update you: I've been informed that we tracked down a solution to this issue, so once we have a new update released, there should no longer be an upper limit (or at least no one so low) for the number of orbits that can be displayed.

Cesare

• Cesare Vesdani
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2018, 01:29:10 PM »
Thanks for fixing the issue with the upper and lower limits of orbits which can be displayed.

Please can you do whatever is necessary to fix the water freezing glitch once it for all. I really hate it when planets appear frozen when the temperature of water is above 0 degrees Celsius. This is a temperature bug and it must be fixed.

Also I have found another temperature bug, when accelerating time for any frozen planets, they suddenly heat up and boil, even if the simulation does not have any stars.

There are so many problems and bugs relating to temperature, so please find them all, make a list of them and fix them in the upcoming updates.

By the way, when will "planet grids" and lasers be released?