Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mouse click is not recognized under linux/wine  (Read 11976 times)

Grundik

Mouse click is not recognized under linux/wine
« on: July 20, 2013, 02:31:55 PM »
I have same issue, described in http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=27337 with the latest steam version of game, and latest wine.

Mouse moving over buttons and objects in game is recognized, mouse wheel works. But nor left or right click works. So program is unusable under wine. Other applications works fine, such weird mouse problems seen only in universe sandbox.

I know that wine compatibility was not declared, but it would be nice, if game would be playable under wine.

miros_0571

• Miros Corporation Ltd.
Re: Mouse click is not recognized under linux/wine
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 12:59:59 AM »
I have same issue, described in http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=27337 with the latest steam version of game, and latest wine.

Mouse moving over buttons and objects in game is recognized, mouse wheel works. But nor left or right click works. So program is unusable under wine. Other applications works fine, such weird mouse problems seen only in universe sandbox.

I know that wine compatibility was not declared, but it would be nice, if game would be playable under wine.
Universe Sandbox for Linux is not released yet. So, please wait.
But, I don't like Linux, because they hacking and infect virus, so I leave Windows forever.
Please, get a Windows and buy Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, because is protective and much better than Linux.  ;)

Grundik

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 08:20:07 AM »
Im not asking for native linux version — Im understanding complexity and difficulties of such thing. Im just pointing to some weird and unusual mouse handling issue. Which points to some possible crutch in code, which probably can be straightened for sake of windows users too.

Its very hard to write such code, which would produce that problem, even intentionally. So probably there are some bug in program, which emerges in wine environment with that issue, and with some other flaw on windows.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 01:44:29 PM »
Yeah... I'm using .NET for handling input instead of DirectX... it's kind of a strange solution but works on Windows machines.

The new version of Universe Sandbox will likely have a native Linux version:
http://universesandbox.com/blog/2013/02/new-universe-sandbox/

unl0cker

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 07:09:25 AM »
@miros_0571 WTF? I'd really like some of that heroin. Have you ever heard of milw0rm. I did not count, but I guess 80% of it is winDOZE related.

---

@Grundik Yeah buddy, I'm trying that aswell. If I find what's wrong with it I'll post it here.

Everything works but the clicks registering.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:02:04 AM by unl0cker »

Arp

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 04:47:42 PM »
Hey,

Did somebody solve this issue? It runs perfectly appart from mouse not clicking...

I installed Wine in PlayOnLinux and installed several .NET packages, and nothing seems to work.

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 05:20:37 PM »
There haven't been any updates or changes to the mouse handling code since the last posts in 2013. Sorry.

I can confirm that there will be a native Linux version of Universe Sandbox 2.