Welcome, Guest

Poll

Who would like to go to Mars and come back any time?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)
Maybe
0 (0%)
Not sure
0 (0%)
Wait, why ask?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 27, 2014, 01:33:09 PM

Author Topic: Mars One  (Read 23481 times)

300Achilles

Re: Mars One
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2014, 09:50:06 AM »
Mars's core is moltyen still the evidence being that they detect parts of the magnetosphere covering only parts on mars's surface. in a few hundred-thousand years the core will go and cool. as for reproduction on mars those children wouldnt be able to return to earth because when they developed in the mother they would have a smaller heart because the heart does not need to pump against gravity like it does on earth, so they would need a special suit to come to earth as for their bones they would be weaker than those on earth because they dont need to fight against gravity as hard as the bones of people on earth.

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2015, 04:16:58 AM »
Mars's core is moltyen still the evidence being that they detect parts of the magnetosphere covering only parts on mars's surface. in a few hundred-thousand years the core will go and cool. as for reproduction on mars those children wouldnt be able to return to earth because when they developed in the mother they would have a smaller heart because the heart does not need to pump against gravity like it does on earth, so they would need a special suit to come to earth as for their bones they would be weaker than those on earth because they dont need to fight against gravity as hard as the bones of people on earth.
It's not hot enough, thats the problem. Also note that if martian humans come to earth, they would find trouble breathing so they would probably be treated like a person with acute asthma

BlackMane

• this account has seen all of my cringe phases oof
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2015, 04:11:38 PM »
I've heard about that. Isn't that the mission that is a one way trip to mars? Whoever volunteers to do that is a little crazy
Think of it.. Mankind's first colony on another world. It makes me really happy.

atomic7732

• Global Moderator
  • caught in the river turning blue
    • Paladin of Storms
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2015, 04:41:14 PM »
i've heard that mars one hasn't really been run properly and it's either a hoax or a massive failure

which is pretty nice to hear

let NASA or ESA or someone who knows what they're actually doing send people to Mars pls thanks

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2015, 11:55:55 PM »
i've heard that mars one hasn't really been run properly and it's either a hoax or a massive failure
Well yeah, the Mars One thing is decaying now and they've pushed back their mars transit date from 2023 to 2029

omegshi147

• Discovering the Universe and beyond
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2015, 10:44:25 AM »
Or you could just blast a hole through Olympus Mons so the pit reaches the inner core, throw an antimatter flask down the pit, and basically the core would heat up which makes sure the magnetosphere would increase so that it would cover the surface instead of being tiny blotches that grow and shrink over time.

Lol why through the Olympus Mons though; You'll have an extra 22 km to blast through.

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2015, 01:25:37 AM »
It would look so kewl though!!!! All that smoke coming out of a dead volcano!

Gordon Freeman

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2015, 06:01:06 AM »
I'm pretty sure NASA is more concerned over what's cheaper rather than what looks cool.

And smoke doesn't come from antimatter. I doubt any amount of antimatter we could practically produce cause anything at all to spew out of the drop-shaft.
It'd probably be more effective to drop a ton of Uranium-235 down there, since it would give off moderate heat over a long time rather than just give it all off in one blast.

DiamondMiner10

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2015, 11:05:28 AM »
I'm pretty sure NASA is more concerned over what's cheaper rather than what looks cool.

And smoke doesn't come from antimatter. I doubt any amount of antimatter we could practically produce cause anything at all to spew out of the drop-shaft.
It'd probably be more effective to drop a ton of Uranium-235 down there, since it would give off moderate heat over a long time rather than just give it all off in one blast.
If antimatter isn't contained well wouldn't it blow the ship up

codefantastic

• I hope these asteroids don't cause trouble
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2015, 05:32:15 AM »
Lol, If we have anti-matter, let's just build a warp drive :P

blotz

• Formerly 'bong'
  • op pls
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2015, 03:02:43 PM »
easy as cake

DiamondMiner10

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2015, 05:55:21 PM »
easy as cake
making cakes from scratch is pretty hard

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2015, 06:08:19 PM »
Imaging atoms is pretty hard too

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2015, 04:14:45 AM »
Not it isn't hard. It is just one nucleus inside a shell which is inside a shell which is inside a shell... ∞

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2015, 04:17:43 AM »
Oh no... I think I have messed up the topic poll  :P

Darvince

• 差不多
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2015, 08:36:04 AM »