Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Making explosions bigger  (Read 5271 times)

sean2323

• We Space Now
Making explosions bigger
« on: March 01, 2010, 05:26:02 PM »
I resently saw a video entitled "galaxy" that someone made on here, i saw 2 stars collide but then something hit me i thought "how were those explosians so huge???" so now im asking here, how do you make huge explosians?

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
Re: Making explosions bigger
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 07:56:23 PM »
There are a couple ways to make explosions bigger:

Set the explosion count from the default of 13 to something larger (max 300).
or
Explode an object, zoom in and explode one of the pieces from the original explosion.

Does that help?

sean2323

• We Space Now
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 01:51:10 PM »
ya i was wondering that too, but what i mean was a collision, i noticed how small the detonation was when i crashed the moon into the earth once, bairly anything happend, i waited 2 minutes and there was no evidence that it happend, i tried to increase the particals to about 20 times, it did add more particals but it was basicly the same, no evidence of an explosion, no orbiting debree or anything. is there anyway i can make debree orbit longer or will there be a feature like that in US2 or US 2.1?

Dan Dixon

• Creator of Universe Sandbox
  • Developer
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 06:17:07 PM »
You've definitely pointed out a weakness in the code that handles collisions. Sometimes they're not very big or impressive when they should be. This will likely be addressed in a 2.x release (like 2.1 or 2.2).

Making debris orbit longer is a feature I promised a while ago. We'll aim to include that in 2.0.