Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Colonising Uranus  (Read 6040 times)

karakris

Colonising Uranus
« on: June 01, 2013, 03:46:50 AM »
Magic !!

I have recently discovered that Uranus has a Surface Gravity which is LESS than that of Earth.

Also - the CORE is damned Hot.

So - I am working on planning a Project, for the Colonising of Uranus -
which will eventually lead to the complete Terraforming of Uranus.

Imagine - a Planet covered with a world-wide Ocean of Water, roughly 100 metres deep.
Lots of BIG Artificial Islands.
All sitting on top of the massive still Frozen "mantle" of solid Water-Ice / Ammonia / Methane.
With a heat insulating "barrier" layer between the deepest part of the Ocean and this Frozen Mantle.

The Methane and Ammonia can be burned to create CO2, the CO2 can be processed to create Oxygen, being one part of the replacement of the existing Hydrogen / Helium Atmosphere.

All that is needed is to use the Hydrogen of the Atmosphere as Fuel for Hydrogen Fusion Reactor Powerplants - and the Helium from the Atmosphere can be used in Stellar Converters, to create Nitrogen Gas for the new Atmosphere.
Also - a QUICK and effective method of seperating Oxygen and Carbon Dust from the CO2 - the Carbon Dust can also be used to cover the Ocean bottom, and surfaces of the Artificial Islands.

YES - You guessed - It is a FUTURE Project.  Effectively a Sci Fi Project.

Magnetarhyper4436

• 'HYPER'NOVAE!!!
Re: Colonising Uranus
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:03:09 AM »
Ok  :)

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 08:37:38 PM »
At first I thought this was a joke. Colonising ur anus.

Anyway, how are you supposed to burn methane without oxygen?

Camacha

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 03:04:36 PM »
If there is water, there is oxygen. It will take some energy to split, but that is easy.

karpuz

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 02:25:20 AM »
How about its magnetic field? it looks bad and confusing but it stays as mystery

gabriel.dac

• Brazillian dude
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 02:20:37 PM »
I think we'd rather colonize venus. The planet is similar to ours.

First, we build a huge light sail. We place it on venus facing the sun. After some time, Venus will get pushed farther from the sun, entering the habitable zone. Then we put there the first plants that will produce oxygen.

phinehas

• Regular sans EE
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 09:31:20 PM »
<censored>
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 08:15:03 PM by phinehas »

Xriqxa

• 01000011 01101111 01101101 01101101 01110101 01101
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 12:15:49 PM »
Magic !!

I have recently discovered that Uranus has a Surface Gravity which is LESS than that of Earth.

Also - the CORE is damned Hot.

So - I am working on planning a Project, for the Colonising of Uranus -
which will eventually lead to the complete Terraforming of Uranus.

Imagine - a Planet covered with a world-wide Ocean of Water, roughly 100 metres deep.
Lots of BIG Artificial Islands.
All sitting on top of the massive still Frozen "mantle" of solid Water-Ice / Ammonia / Methane.
With a heat insulating "barrier" layer between the deepest part of the Ocean and this Frozen Mantle.

The Methane and Ammonia can be burned to create CO2, the CO2 can be processed to create Oxygen, being one part of the replacement of the existing Hydrogen / Helium Atmosphere.

All that is needed is to use the Hydrogen of the Atmosphere as Fuel for Hydrogen Fusion Reactor Powerplants - and the Helium from the Atmosphere can be used in Stellar Converters, to create Nitrogen Gas for the new Atmosphere.
Also - a QUICK and effective method of seperating Oxygen and Carbon Dust from the CO2 - the Carbon Dust can also be used to cover the Ocean bottom, and surfaces of the Artificial Islands.

YES - You guessed - It is a FUTURE Project.  Effectively a Sci Fi Project.

I think it's not practical to terraform a gas giant...
They're beautiful just the way they are, and I thought up an idea a long time ago for colonizing gas giants: just put up huge cities that use the intense magnetic field generated by all gas giants to float in the atmosphere.