Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My Solar system: Osmital  (Read 3377 times)

Chaou

My Solar system: Osmital
« on: January 18, 2014, 10:41:19 PM »
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t856yy2jmn3v3cv/Osmital%20Solar%20System.ubox

I've recently finished a solar system I've been working on for a couple weeks now so I thought I would show it to everyone to see what they think and if they have any suggestions.  :)

Most of the textures are fiah's and from random locations on google images, the only one which I made myself is Lucidirium's texture with Fractal Terrains 3. I only take credit for the time and thought it took into designing the system itself, so please reference me if using my ideas and get my permission first, thank you.

Careful on loading, most of the gas giants have rings and moons so it could be a bit laggy for lesser tier computers. I know it was for mine  :P
Here is a list of the planets if you want spoilers.
Osmital is a metal rich G0 class star with a lifetime of a little over 8 billion years and a circumstellar disk heavy in mass. It is located about five light years from the supermassive black hole in the milky way and is apart of a new generation of stars in that area which can't be seen yet from Earth.

Proioxis- A hot jupiter of 0.86 jupiters with a close orbit to it's star. It played a major role in the composition and formation of other planets in the system early in it's history as it spiraled closer to it's star.

Set- A planet straight from the bowels of hell, it has a highly eccentric orbit and a mass of 0.34 earths. The planet is highly volcanic and is known for it's crust sporadically cracking down to the mantle and a thick stormy atmosphere full of sulfides and acids but nearly devoid of oxygen or oxygen.

Aegaeon- A hot water planet of 5.73 earths with an ocean dozens of kilometers deep and a supercritical layer, believed to have assumed it's current state from icey materials and comets pushed into it's orbit from Proioxis in the past.

Thalassa- A microjovian planet of 9.92 earths. Although the planet is hot by Earth standards, it is still able to sustain clouds of water vapor in it's upper atmosphere and is known for it's yellowish tint from trace amounts of sulfuric acid.

Aether - The largest planet in the system with a mass of 9.62 jupiters. Although it's mass is surprisingly large, it's composition and age suggest it formed from acceleration first before it caused surrounding material to collapse into it. The distance from it's star allows much of it's upper atmosphere to be composed of highly reflective ice crystals.

Lucidirium - A planet or moon; depending on your definitions, it has a mass of 0.56 earths. It was believed to be a carbon planet, rich in metal and radioactive elements originally before Proioxis' decent towards it's star caused Lucidirium to be put into an eccentric orbit and to be captured by Aether. After this there were many impacts from Aether's outer moons, most of which were captured from further out in the solar system and were rich in methane ices. After hundreds of millions of years a dense supercritical methane atmosphere would form, rich in hydrocarbons of all kinds, and with an active geology, would in time come to support an active biosphere.

Zeus- Another super jupiter but smaller with a mass of 2.64 jupiters, it is in a resonant orbit with Aether and regularly exchanges momentum with it over long time periods, there is a chance it could eventually collide with Aether in the far future.

Sappho and Phaon - Sappho is a saturn-like planet with a mass of 87.4 earths and Phaon is it's smaller jovian companion it captured with a mass of 26.3 earths. Together they form binary jovian planets.

Aeolus- A neptune-like planet and the furthest one, it is known for it's high axial tilt, rapid rotation, and hurricane winds.

There are also many pluto-like objects deeper in space and many moons for each planet.
Thank you for reading all of this.   ;D

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:09:59 PM by Chaou »

Steroidkloud

• There'll be another time...
Re: My Solar system: Osmital
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 04:14:55 AM »
That's a link from your computer not online, I can't access it from here.

Chaou

Re: My Solar system: Osmital
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 05:04:57 PM »
Sorry about that, I'll put a dropbox link up.
Edit: It's up, it was fairly late at night when I originally put the link up.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:11:05 PM by Chaou »