Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lag in the solar system simulation?  (Read 4128 times)

Josh

Lag in the solar system simulation?
« on: December 10, 2013, 10:14:58 AM »
So far, I'm enjoying the update a lot! However, I've noticed that our solar system lags, even if I were to reload it in any way. When zoomed out, the planets orbit in a smooth manner. Once I zoom in, it changes. Any of the selected planets will lag when rotating, as well as any planets/moons I introduce into the system. Am I the only one experiencing this?  ???

smjjames

Re: Lag in the solar system simulation?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 10:29:15 AM »
Which simulation are you running, what time step are you doing and what are your system specs?

If its the one that Ubox2 opens with, moving around is fine, however the timestep goes red if I go higher than 5 secs per second.

If its the solar system with moons sim, that one lags pretty badly when I move the view around. Even scrolling the menu is laggy. Then again, my comp is 5+ years old, 6 I think.

In the rift space category and solar system sim (which is pretty incomplete and everything is trying to orbit Jupiter) the orbits are a bit laggy but the movement is smooth.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:36:10 AM by smjjames »

Josh

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 11:31:18 AM »
It's the one that Ubox 2 opens with, and the timestep doesn't seem to determine how laggy it is. Whether I have the timestep ranging from a few seconds to a few hours, I seems to always lag when zoomed in.  :( I had no problems before the update, so the possibility of it being my computer doesn't seem like the reason for me problem (just in case anyone was going to suggest this).

smjjames

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 11:41:32 AM »
The timestep is forcing that sim to not go any faster than 5 secs per second, so it's kind of hard to tell whether it's lagging for me.

Josh

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 09:00:29 PM »
I want to say that I no longer experience the lag after the update. Everything is now running smoothly!  :)