Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Show 'potential grid' (gravity well) option does not work for me.  (Read 3581 times)

smjjames

Yesterday or the day before, I had asked matty about the potential grid option and when I told him that it wasn't working for me, he showed a screenshot of it, so it's working for him, but I don't see any gravity well, even checked with black holes and nothing.

I'll check the latest driver update just to be sure that it isn't a version issue.

Also, is anybody else having this issue? I don't know what information gets sent through the feedback thing other than the text, email, and possibly a screenshot.

Edit: Updating the graphics driver didn't help. However, while looking in the Ubox2 alpha folder, I looked at the output file and saw that there were a bunch of errors relating to the potential grid. I'm uploading it since it may help you guys.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 01:23:21 PM by smjjames »

Chris

• Developer
Re: Show 'potential grid' (gravity well) option does not work for me.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 02:02:31 PM »
Thanks for uploading the log file.
A quick look at it reveals that your machine sadly does not support OpenCL,
which is required for the potential grid display.
Which also means you don't get to see the full glory of the new version :(

Your graphics card is roughly 6 years old :)
In fact it was released before OpenCL was born.
You should consider upgrading it if possible...

Link: What is OpenCL ?

And you found a bug (it should not spam the error you saw), so thanks for reporting it!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 02:07:16 PM by Chris »

smjjames

Re: Show 'potential grid' (gravity well) option does not work for me.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »
Yeah, my laptop is 5 years plus, possibly 6 years.

I really should upgrade I guess and while this laptop is still working, it will eventually stop sometime. Not to mention obsolete, lol. Perhaps I can get a new one this Christmas.